Cinnamon Banana Bread
This cinnamon banana bread is warm, cozy and perfectly spiced! The layer of cinnamon swirl adds the best flavor. It tastes like a mix between banana bread and cinnamon rolls. This quick and easy bread is great for breakfast, a snack, or healthy dessert!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This cinnamon banana bread is quick and easy.
- Only one mixing bowl needed.
- Great way to use up ripe bananas.
- The cinnamon swirl is sweet and flavorful.
- This bread is great any time of the day.
- Banana bread is popular all year long.
- This recipe can be made gluten free, dairy free, nut free, and refined sugar free.
- It is not overly sweet.
- Check out this Cream Cheese Banana Bread or this Chocolate Banana Bread for another delicious recipe!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for cinnamon banana bread. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Brown sugar and cinnamon make up the cinnamon swirl. Feel free to substitute white sugar or coconut sugar.
For the bread, use a neutral flavored oil. Avocado oil and melted coconut oil are great options. Vegetable oil works too.
Pure maple syrup adds sweetness. Feel free to use honey instead.
Use ripe bananas for best results. They are more naturally sweet and easily mashed up.
Use any type of milk. For dairy free, use dairy free milk. For nut free, use cow’s milk, oat milk or coconut milk.
Vanilla extract adds warmth.
Both regular all purpose flour and gluten free 1 to 1 flour work well. Do not use an alternative flour in this recipe. For Paleo or grain free, try this Paleo Banana Bread or this Almond Flour Banana Bread.
A little baking soda helps this bread rise slightly.
Scroll down for flavor variations and add ins.
For a healthy version, try this Healthy Banana Bread!
Taste & Texture
This cinnamon banana bread is just sweet enough. It tastes like cinnamon rolls and banana bread. The cinnamon swirl is sweet and becomes caramelized.
This bread is so soft and moist. It is not dry.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
Make cinnamon swirl. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add oil, maple syrup, mashed bananas, milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
Then, add in flour and baking soda. Stir to combine.
Add half of the banana bread batter to the lined bread pan.
Then, sprinkle cinnamon swirl mixture on top.
Add the remaining bread batter on top.
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Finally, remove cinnamon banana bread from oven. Allow bread to fully cool.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Carefully measure all ingredients.
Use ripe bananas. They are much more naturally sweet. Additionally, they are easily mashed.
If needed, replace avocado oil with melted coconut oil, melted butter or vegetable oil.
Both regular all purpose flour and gluten free 1 to 1 flour work well.
Do not substitute another flour.
Do not bake too long. Insert toothpick into bread. If it comes out with only moist crumbs, remove from oven.
Allow bread to fully cool before slicing into.
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
Consider these delicious flavor variations.
Add in a pinch of nutmeg.
Use maple sugar in the cinnamon swirl.
Add in chopped walnuts.
Add in chopped pecans.
Sprinkle some chocolate chips into the batter. You will also love this Gluten Free Banana Bread!
Add in some cinnamon chips.
Add in peanut butter chips.
Top with a streusel topping.
How to Serve & Store
Serve cinnamon banana bread once cooled.
Top with a smear of peanut butter, Nutella or jam.
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Freeze for up to 1 month.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, cinnamon and banana go well together.
Some banana bread contains cinnamon. Cinnamon adds a great flavor.
Do not over bake banana bread. In addition, use ripe bananas. This helps keep the bread moist.
Use gluten free flour to keep this bread gluten free.
You May Also Like
- Sugar Free Banana Bread
- Sourdough Banana Bread
- Protein Banana Bread
- Coconut Flour Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
If you make this recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Breakfast Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Cinnamon Banana Bread
- First, preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Make cinnamon swirl. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add oil, maple syrup, mashed bananas, milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Then, add in flour and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- Add half of the banana bread batter to the lined bread pan.
- Then, sprinkle cinnamon swirl mixture on top.
- Add the remaining bread batter on top.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Finally, remove from oven. Allow bread to fully cool before slicing into.
- For refined sugar free, use coconut sugar. The bread in these photos was made with coconut sugar.
- Feel free to replace oil with melted coconut oil, melted butter or vegetable oil.
- Both all purpose flour and gluten free 1 to 1 flour work well.
- Any type of milk works. For dairy free, use dairy free milk.
- Do not over bake. Bake until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool before slicing into.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
- Freeze for up to 1 month.
Love this homemade cinnamon swirl banana bread? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!