Eggless Banana Bread
This eggless banana is soft, fluffy and moist! This quick and easy recipe is great for breakfast, snacks or even dessert. It is made with pantry staple ingredients. Both kids and adults love this healthy recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This eggless banana bread is easy to make.
- Everything is made in one mixing bowl.
- Great for breakfast, snacks or a healthy dessert.
- Serve warmed up or chilled.
- It is made without wheat, without eggs, and without an egg replacer.
- No flax eggs, chia eggs or vegan egg replacements.
- Feel free to add in walnuts, chopped pecans or dried cranberries.
- This recipe is gluten free friendly, dairy free, vegan friendly and refined sugar free.
- Check out this Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread for another recipe!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for eggless banana bread. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use ripe bananas for best result. Use lightly spotted brown bananas.
Melted coconut oil acts as the baking fat. Use refined coconut oil for a neutral flavor. Unrefined coconut oil has a slight coconut flavor. If desired, use avocado oil.
Any type of milk can be used. Use vegan milk to keep this recipe dairy free and vegan. For nut free, use oat milk.
A little vanilla extract adds a great homemade flavor.
Coconut sugar sweetens this bread. Lightly packed brown sugar can be used as well. For a no sugar version, make this Sugar Free Banana Bread.
Both gluten free 1 to 1 flour and all purpose flour work well. I do not recommend using another flour. Almond flour, coconut flour, cassava flour, and oat flour will alter the texture too much.
Baking soda helps the bread rise slightly in the oven.
A pinch of sea salt adds a little flavor. Feel free to omit.
Use any type of chocolate chips. My favorite brand is Enjoy Life, which is dairy free and vegan.
Taste & Texture
This eggless banana bread is just sweet enough. It is not overly sweet. In addition, the main flavors are banana and chocolate chips.
The texture is soft, fluffy and moist. It is slightly more dense than traditional banana bread.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, add mashed bananas, melted coconut oil, milk, vanilla and coconut sugar. Stir until combined.
Once combined, add in flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Stir until combined.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Transfer batter to the lined bread pan. Add extra chocolate chips on top if desired.
Bake for 40 to 42 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Finally, remove eggless banana bread from oven. Cool completely before slicing into.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use lightly brown spotted bananas. They are naturally sweet and easily mashed.
Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper. If you do not have parchment paper, heavily spray with nonstick spray.
For best results, use an 8 inch by 4 inch loaf pan.
Both regular all purpose flour and gluten free 1 to 1 flour can be used. I do not recommend using another flour.
Any type of milk can be used. For these photos, I used unsweetened almond milk.
This eggless banana bread batter is pretty thick. Moreover, it is not easily poured. Use a large spoon to transfer batter from mixing bowl to bread pan.
Bake only until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Do not over bake.
Allow bread to fully cool before slicing into.
How to Serve & Store
Serve eggless banana bread once fully cooled.
Top with peanut butter, butter, almond butter or jam. It pairs well with coffee or hot chocolate.
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. It does not last much longer at room temperature. This is due to the absence of preservatives and artificial ingredients.
To freeze, wrap individual slices before freezing. Freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw before eating.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! It is possible to make banana bread without eggs.
Use either all purpose flour or gluten free 1 to 1 flour. Do not use an alternative flour.
For Vegan, use vegan milk and vegan chocolate chips.
Yes, this recipe can be made into muffins. Divide batter into a lined muffin pan. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
You May Also Like
- Protein Banana Bread
- Coconut Flour Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- Oat Flour Banana Bread
If you make this eggless banana bread recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Breakfast Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Eggless Banana Bread
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add mashed bananas, melted coconut oil, milk, vanilla and coconut sugar. Stir until combined.
- Once combined, add in flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Stir until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to the lined bread pan. Add extra chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake for 40 to 42 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Finally, remove from oven. Cool completely before slicing into.
- Use ripe bananas for the best flavor.
- Both gluten free 1 to 1 flour and regular all purpose work well.
- Use any type of milk. Use vegan milk to keep this recipe vegan.
- The batter is pretty thick.
- Use an 8 inch by 4 inch bread pan for best results. A larger one will yield a shorter, flatter bread.
- Bake only until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Full cool bread before slicing into.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Freeze individual slices for up to 1 month.
Love this eggless banana bread? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!