Cinnamon Crunch Banana Bread
This homemade cinnamon crunch banana bread is sweet, warm, and cozy! The bread is soft and fluffy. The cinnamon crunch topping is delicious. Each slice tastes like the famous Panera Bread cinnamon crunch bagels. This quick and easy bread is great for breakfast, brunch, or an afternoon snack!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This cinnamon crunch banana bread is quick and easy to make.
- Everything comes together in one mixing bowl.
- Great for any time of the day!
- If you love the cinnamon crunch bagels from Panera, you will love this bread!
- The topping adds a delicious crunchy texture and sweet cinnamon flavor.
- It is a great way to use ripe bananas.
- Both kids and adults love this recipe.
- This recipe is dairy free and gluten free but can be made with regular flour if needed.
- Check out this Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread for another fun bread recipe!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions. Scroll down to the recipe card for the full ingredients list and instructions.
Use ripe bananas for the best flavor. They are more naturally sweet. Look for bananas with brown spots.
Melted coconut oil helps thin out the batter. Unrefined coconut oil has a coconut flavor. Refined coconut oil is flavorless. Both work well. Feel free to use olive oil instead if needed.
Eggs help keep this bread soft and fluffy. If you are egg free or Vegan, try this Vegan Banana Bread.
Pure maple syrup adds sweetness. Replace with honey if needed.
Vanilla extract provides a delicious homemade flavor.
For the flour, use almond flour and gluten free flour. If needed, replace the gluten free flour with all purpose flour.
Sea salt balances out the sweet cinnamon flavor.
Baking powder leavens the bread.
Cinnamon contributes to both the bread and the topping.
Lastly, sprinkle coconut sugar and cinnamon on top. Replace with brown sugar if needed.
Taste & Texture
This cinnamon crunch banana bread is warmly spiced, cozy, and sweet. The main flavors are banana, coconut sugar, and ripe bananas.
The bread is soft, fluffy, and a little gooey. The topping is slightly crunchy.
How to Make
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a standard bread pan with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, melted coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir together.
Then, add in the almond flour, gluten free flour, sea salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Stir together.
Transfer the batter to the lined loaf pan. Smooth into an even layer.
Sprinkle the coconut sugar and cinnamon on top.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Lastly, remove from the oven. Fully cool before slicing and serving.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Follow these tips and tricks to make the best cinnamon crunch banana bread.
First, choose ripe bananas. Do not use green bananas.
Do not bake the bread too long. Insert a toothpick into the bread to check for doneness. If the toothpick comes out clean, remove the bread from the oven.
This bread is soft and gooey. Allow it to fully cool before slicing into.
How to Serve & Store
Serve this cinnamon crunch banana bread once fully cooled.
Serve with coffee, tea, or a smoothie.
I love it with some peanut butter spread on top!
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cinnamon adds a delicious warmth to banana bread!
No. If you do not need to be gluten free, use all purpose flour.
Insert a toothpick into the middle of the bread. If it comes out clean, the bread is done baking.
If needed, use light brown sugar. I love the natural sweetness of coconut sugar.
Pre-Cut Parchment Paper Sheets: Use parchment paper to prevent sticking.
Pyrex 3 Glass Mixing Bowls: Mix the cinnamon crunch banana bread batter in this bowl.
Banana Bread Pan: I use this pan every single time I bake banana bread!
Check out all of my kitchen favorites!
You May Also Like
- Sugar Free Banana Bread
- Sourdough Banana Bread
- Protein Banana Bread
- Coconut Flour Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
If you make this cinnamon crunch banana bread recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Join my exclusive Facebook Group for a behind the scenes look. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Breakfast Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Cinnamon Crunch Banana Bread
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a standard bread pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, melted coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir together.
- Then, add in the almond flour, gluten free flour, sea salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Stir together.
- Transfer the batter to the lined loaf pan. Smooth into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the coconut sugar and cinnamon on top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Finally, remove from the oven. Fully cool before slicing and serving.
- Use brown or brown spotted bananas for the best natural sweetness.
- If you are not gluten free, feel free to substitute the gluten free flour with all purpose flour.
- In addition, feel free to replace the coconut sugar with light brown sugar.
- Allow the bread to cool before slicing into.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
- Check out all of my kitchen favorites!
Love this cinnamon crunch banana bread? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes, and updates!