Sugar Free Banana Bread
This sugar free banana bread is soft, fluffy and so moist! This quick and easy recipe is great for a healthy breakfast or snack. It contains no sugar, no added sugar and no artificial sweeteners. The only sweetness comes naturally from the ripe bananas. It has the perfect texture and flavor!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This sugar free banana bread is quick and easy.
- Everything is made in one mixing bowl.
- There is no granulated sugar, no brown sugar, no maple syrup and no honey.
- There are no added sugars or sweeteners.
- It tastes similar to a healthy banana cake recipe with no sugar!
- This recipe is made without erythritol, Splenda, monk fruit or any other sugar free sugar alternative.
- It is gluten free, dairy free, sugar free and can be easily made nut free.
- Feel free to customize this no sugar banana loaf with chocolate chips, walnuts or something else.
- Check out this Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread for another delicious idea.
- For a slightly sweeter option, check out this Dairy Free Banana Bread sweetened with maple syrup.
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for sugar free banana bread. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Bananas add the natural sweetness. In addition, they add a great moist texture. Fold in thinly sliced bananas to the batter for the best texture. For best results, use brown spotted ripe bananas.
Melted coconut oil adds some heart healthy fats. Additionally, it adds moisture. Substitute melted butter if needed.
Use any type of milk. For dairy free and nut free banana bread, use coconut milk. Regular milk works too.
The eggs help bind this bread together. I do not recommend using an egg replacement or Vegan eggs. For egg free banana bread, check out this Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread for another delicious idea.
A little vanilla extract adds a great homemade flavor.
Both gluten free 1 to 1 flour and all purpose flour work well. I do not recommend using another flour such as almond, coconut or cassava for this recipe.
Baking soda helps this sugar free banana bread rise slightly.
Cinnamon adds a great warm spice flavor. Although cinnamon itself is not sweet, it adds a very slight hint of sweetness in this low sugar banana cake bread.
Sugar Free Baking
Sugar free baking is great for those trying to limit their sugar intake.
Since sugar is such a common baking ingredient, it can be tough to bake without it.
Granulated sugar adds both sweetness and a dry ingredient to desserts. This must be accounted for when taken out.
This low sugar banana bread is naturally sweetened with ripe bananas.
This Healthy Banana Bread has just a little bit of coconut sugar. It is a great reduced sugar banana bread recipe.
Taste & Texture
This gluten free sugar free banana bread tastes like a less sweet version of banana bread. The bread itself is not savory, but may taste savory if you are used to sweetened banana bread. The only added sweetness comes from the bananas.
The texture is soft, fluffy and moist. In addition, this bread is slightly more dense. The thinly sliced bananas add so much moisture.
How to Make
First, preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 inch by 5 inch loaf pan with parchment pan.
In a mixing bowl, add mashed bananas, melted coconut oil, milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
Then, add in flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
Gently fold in thinly sliced bananas. The mixture will be thick.
Add bread batter to the lined bread pan.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Finally, remove from oven. Allow the sugar free banana bread to cool for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.
Expert Tips & Tricks
For best results, use ripe bananas. Brown spotted bananas are best.
I do not recommend trying to use frozen bananas. Even when thawed, they are too moist and too mushy.
Both melted coconut oil and melted butter can be used.
Gluten free 1 to 1 flour and all purpose flour work well.
Add in thinly sliced bananas to the bread batter for extra moisture. Do not skip this step!
If possible, use an 8-inch by 5-inch bread pan. A 9 by 5 can be used, but the bread will not rise as much.
Bake healthy banana loaf until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Do not over bake.
Allow sugar free banana bread bread to cool at least 1 hour before slicing and serving. This allows the banana bread to slightly firm up.
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
Consider adding these ingredients to the sugar free banana bread batter.
Sugar free chocolate chips
Add oats on top
Dash of nutmeg
How to Serve & Store
Serve sugar free banana bread with fresh fruit, eggs, or bacon for breakfast.
For a snack, top with peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter or butter.
It is delicious with milk, coffee or even hot chocolate.
Store leftovers covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Freeze this no sugar banana bread loaf for up to 2 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Make the batter the same way. Line muffin pan with paper liners. Then bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Yes, you can make banana bread without sugar. This recipe is great!
Sure! I suggest reducing the melted coconut oil and milk to only ⅓ cup. Then, add in ⅓ cup maple syrup or honey. So, you would have ⅓ cup each of melted coconut oil, milk and maple syrup.
This easy healthy banana loaf tastes like a less sweet version of classic banana bread.
This healthy banana loaf bread recipe is only sweetened with ripe bananas. It is much less sweet than typical banana breads, but it is not savory. It has a delicious natural sweetness.
Banana bread can be healthy depending on the ingredients. This all-natural banana bread recipe is healthy! It is made with less sugar and less fat.
This banana bread makes 8 slices. Each slice has 295 calories.
You May Also Like
- Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Almond Flour Banana Muffins
- Gluten Free Banana Cake
- Banana Protein Muffins
- Cassava Flour Banana Bread
If you make this sugar free banana bread recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Breakfast Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Sugar Free Banana Bread
- First, preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 inch by 5 inch loaf pan with parchment pan.
- In a mixing bowl, add mashed bananas, melted coconut oil, almond milk, eggs and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Then, add in flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Gently fold in thinly sliced bananas.
- Add batter to the lined bread pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Finally, remove from oven. Allow bread to cool for 1 hour before slicing and serving.
- Use ripe, spotted brown bananas for best results.
- Both melted coconut oil and melted butter can be used.
- Gluten free 1 to 1 flour and all purpose flour both work well.
- Feel free to use any type of milk.
- The thinly sliced bananas add so much moisture to this bread! I do not recommend skipping this ingredient.
- Feel free to add in chocolate chips, walnuts, or any other add in.
- Banana bread is done baking when toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. My oven baked it in 45 minutes.
- Please note, if you use a 9 inch by 5 inch bread pan, the bread won’t be nearly as tall.
- Allow bread to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
Love this sugar free banana bread? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes, and updates!