Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This Paleo chocolate chip banana bread is hands down my favorite thing to bake! It’s such a classic and just so easy. This loaf is light and fluffy, filled with dark chocolate chips and sweetened just right. It’s equally delicious for breakfast as it is for dessert!
Lather up a slice with some grass fed butter or almond butter! Since banana bread is one of my absolute favorites, I also have recipes for Paleo Double Chocolate Banana Bread and Paleo Strawberry Banana Bread!
Why This Recipe Works
I have made this Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread so many times! This recipe uses healthy, wholesome ingredients. It has the perfect soft and fluffy texture. Here is why this recipe works:
- This gluten free banana bread uses both almond flour and tapioca flour to achieve the perfect texture.
- The ripe bananas naturally sweeten and add flavor to this loaf.
- Almond butter helps achieve a hearty and slightly nutty flavor.
- No need to let this dough sit or refrigerate. Just mix and bake!
To Make Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, line a bread pan with parchment paper.
Then, add the mashed bananas, eggs, creamy almond butter and vanilla to a large mixing bowl and mix until combined.
Next, stir in the remaining ingredients. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour batter into parchment lined bread pan. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Remove from oven. Cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Use very ripe bananas for best results. This will naturally sweeten this banana bread.
- Runny almond butter (not chunky) is best for this Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.
- Sift in almond flour and tapioca flour. This reduces clumps of flour in the batter.
- See my Guide to Gluten Free Flours and Gluten Free Baking for more information about gluten free baking!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I store leftovers?
Store covered at room temperature for 3 days or covered in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
Can I use another nut butter?
Sure! I suggest cashew butter. The nut butter is used for texture purposes, so try to refrain from using a strong flavored nut butter (like peanut butter).
How do you make banana bread moist?
Using very ripe bananas helps make this bread more moist. In addition, using a creamy nut butter helps with moisture.
You May Also Like:
Get the Recipe: Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- Then, in a large mixing bowl, mash 3 bananas and add in eggs, almond butter, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Next, add in coconut sugar, almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Once combined, add in chocolate chips, reserving ¼ cup chocolate chips. Pour batter into lined bread pan. Then, sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Cook for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Let bread cool completely before slicing and serving, about 2 hours.
- Use ripe bananas for best results.
- Creamy almond butter will yield a more moist banana bread.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Don’t over bake!
- Completely cool before slicing and serving.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!