Whole30 Breakfast Hash with Sweet Potatoes
This Whole30 Breakfast Hash with Sweet Potatoes is a hearty and flavorful breakfast! It’s Whole30 approved, all made in one skillet, and perfect for healthy meal prep. These flavors work for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Start the day with a big plate of veggies and eggs! Try this Whole30 Sweet Sausage Hash for another great breakfast option.
LIST OF INGREDIENTS FOR WHOLE30 BREAKFAST HASH
SWEET POTATOES: Cubed sweet potatoes add a little sweet and savory flavor to this Whole30 Breakfast Hash.
ONION & RED PEPPER: Diced onions and red peppers add a punch of hearty flavor.
CHORIZO: For Whole30, use a sugar free ground chorizo, like this one from Pederson’s.
KALE: Chop kale finely for best results. In addition, cook kale until slightly wilted.
SEASONINGS: In addition to salt and pepper, garlic powder and cumin add extra flavor. Moreover, the cumin gives this breakfast hash a little Mexican inspired flavor.
EGGS: Before adding the eggs to the skillet, create little nests for the eggs in the hash. Then, crack the eggs and cook, covered, until desired level of doneness is reached.
OTHER INGREDIENTS: olive oil
WHAT DO YOU EAT FOR BREAKFAST ON WHOLE30?
Whole30 Breakfast options include eggs and sugar free bacon, breakfast sausage, and leftovers. Leftovers are a huge part of Whole30 and make Whole30 so much easier!
ARE SWEET POTATOES WHOLE30?
Yes, sweet potatoes are allowed on Whole30. For official rules, please see the Whole30 website.
HOW TO MAKE WHOLE30 BREAKFAST HASH
First, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Then, add in cubed sweet potatoes and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until softened.
Next, add onion, red pepper, seasonings and chorizo to the skillet. Break up chorizo with a spatula.
Once chorizo is browned, add chopped kale to the skillet. Then, cook kale for 3 minutes.
Next, use a spatula to create 4 little pockets within the hash, which is where the eggs will cook.
After that, crack 4 eggs into the pockets. Finally, cover skillet and cook for 6 to 7 minutes, or until eggs have reached desired level of doneness. Garnish with Whole30 salsa if desired.
Get the Recipe: Whole30 Breakfast Hash with Sweet Potatoes
- First, add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add in cubed sweet potatoes and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until softened.
- Then, add diced red pepper, onion, seasonings and chorizo to the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, breaking up chorizo with a spatula.
- Once chorizo is browned, add chopped kale to the skillet. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Next, use a spatula or spoon to create 4 little pockets in the hash for the eggs.
- Next, crack the eggs into each little pocket. Finally, cover skillet and cook for 6 to 7 minutes or until eggs have reached desired level of doneness.
- Lastly, garnish with salsa if desired.
- Check out this Whole30 Salsa for garnish!
If you try this recipe be sure to leave me a comment below or tag me on Instagram.