Easy Whole30 Salsa (Paleo)
This Whole30 Salsa is so fresh, bold and flavorful! It is made in less than 5 minutes and tastes way better than store bought. This homemade Paleo salsa is great for vegetables, chicken, salmon, and more!
Why You’ll Love This Salsa
- Everything is blended up together!
- The ingredients are wholesome, fresh, and healthy.
- This salsa is so much more delicious than store bought. It is truly the best!
- Pair it alongside some Whole30 Guacamole for the ultimate dips.
- This salsa can be made thick or thin depending on your preference.
- Feel free to adjust the heat level to your liking.
- This recipe is Whole30 approved, Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free, and Low Carb.
Use firm large tomatoes for best results. Tomatoes that are overly ripe and soft will become more mushy when blended.
The red onion adds a hint of freshness and flavor. Feel free to use white onion in its place if needed.
The jalapeño brings the spice! For a less spicy option, remove the seeds. Omit entirely for a very mild salsa.
Similar to the jalapeño, the green chili packs the heat. Omit if desired.
Minced garlic is the perfect way to add some flavor! Freshly minced garlic yields the best results.
Fresh cilantro takes this salsa from good to crave worthy.
The cumin, ground pepper and sea salt add some extra flavor. Feel free to adjust these to your liking.
A squeeze of lime juice adds some moisture and zest!
How to Make
First, add all ingredients to a food processor or blender.
Pulse a few times until desired consistency is reached.
Then, pour into a bowl and serve!
What to Serve With
This Whole30 salsa is versatile. To keep it Whole30 compliant, serve with cut up vegetables. Homemade plantain chips are great!
Additionally, serve atop grilled chicken or salmon. Serve it with this Whole30 Breakfast Hash for some spice.
For Paleo, dip in grain free chips, crackers or fries.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Crisp large tomatoes yield the best salsa. In addition, tomatoes soft to the touch are too ripe for this recipe.
Pulse only a few times! This salsa blends up quickly. It is better to pulse slowly than completely blend the salsa together. You can always pulse a few more times, but you can’t rewind!
Whole30 Compliant Salsa Brands & Where to Buy
The biggest reason most store bought salsa is not Whole30 approved is the added sugar. Be aware of any added sugars, preservatives, or sulfites. Here are some salsas with compliant ingredients. As always, double check labels for Whole30!
Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde
365 Hot Salsa by Whole Foods
Kroger Mild Tomatillo
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately, Pace salsa is not Whole30 compliant. It contains “flavoring” which is vague and not allowed on Whole30.
Yes, salsa can be made Whole30. Check labels for Whole30.
Crisp red tomatoes yield the best results.
Yes, this salsa is spicy. Remove jalapeño and chili for mild salsa.
Store salsa in a container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Yes, this salsa can be frozen and thawed.
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Easy Whole30 Salsa (Paleo)
- First, add all ingredients to a blender or food processor.
- Pulse a few times until desired consistency is reached. This salsa blends up quickly!
- Then, pour into bowl and serve!
- This salsa is juicy! It has a similar texture and flavor to pico de gallo.
- Both the jalapeño and grill chili are optional. Leave out entirely for a very mild salsa. Use peppers but remove seeds for a medium salsa. Leave peppers as is for a spicy result!
- Pulse salsa a few times until desired consistency is reached.
- This salsa blends up quickly, so be careful.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- This salsa freezes well. Thaw before use.
Love easy recipes like this Whole30 Salsa? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!