Whole30 Paleo Asian Meatloaf
This Whole30 Paleo Asian Meatloaf is packed with bold flavors. This meatloaf is made without breadcrumbs but tastes every bit as classic and traditional as meatloaf should. This Whole30 approved meal is great for lunch, dinner or healthy meal prep. Add it to your weekly rotation – it’s easy to make, filled with healthy ingredients, and your whole family will devour it. Another favorite is this Whole30 Meatloaf!
List of Ingredients
The combination of ground pork and ground beef adds an extra depth of flavor and texture. Additionally, this meatloaf is extremely tender.
It’s not easy to make a meatloaf without breadcrumbs, but the combination of almond flour and tapioca flour does the trick. The almond flour adds a hearty flavor while the tapioca flour helps bind the meatloaf together.
Chopped onions are a must for meatloaf! Finely chopped onions add flavor and moistness to this Paleo Asian Meatloaf.
I used a Teriyaki flavored coconut aminos to increase the Asian flavors, but an original flavor works too. Coconut aminos is the gluten free and soy free alternative to soy sauce.
Another classic must have for meatloaf! My favorite Whole30 approved Ketchup is from Primal Kitchen Foods.
Other ingredients: eggs, ginger, garlic powder, ground pepper
How to Make Meatloaf Without Breadcrumbs
Breadcrumbs are used in meatloaf to help bind it together. For a Whole30 meatloaf, almond flour and tapioca flour work just as well. Almond flour is slightly nutty while the tapioca flour adds elasticity and the perfect texture.
How to Make
To make this Whole30 Paleo Asian Meatloaf, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a meatloaf or bread pan with parchment paper.
Combine all meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl and mix together using hands. Once combined, add meat to bread pan in one even layer.
Bake for 40 minutes. Meanwhile, make glaze. To make the glaze, combine ketchup, coconut aminos and ground ginger in a small bowl.
After 40 minutes, remove meatloaf from oven and spread glaze on top. Return meatloaf to oven and bake for 20 more minutes.
Finally, cool meatloaf for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Garnish with chopped green onions if desired.
How to Serve
This Whole30 Paleo Asian Meatloaf is packed with flavor. Serve with subtle sides, such as cauliflower rice, mashed potatoes or a side salad.
Looking for more Whole30 dinners? Try these!
Get the Recipe: Whole30 Paleo Asian Meatloaf
- First, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a meatloaf pan with parchment paper.
- Next, mix all meatloaf ingredients in a mixing bowl using your hands. Mix until combined.
- Add meatloaf mixture to pan in one even layer.
- Then, bake meatloaf for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make glaze. Mix ketchup, coconut aminos and ground ginger in a small bowl until combined.
- After 40 minutes of baking time, remove meatloaf from oven. Spread glaze over the top of the meatloaf.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow meatloaf to cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Bake meatloaf until internal temperature is at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a meat thermometer for best results.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If you try this recipe be sure to leave me a comment below or tag me on Instagram.