Paleo Taco Skillet (Whole30)
This Paleo Taco Skillet is super easy, packed with flavor, and great as leftovers. If I haven’t convinced you yet, it’s all made in one skillet. Furthermore, that means minimal clean up and maximum flavor. This Whole30 ground beef recipe is bound to become a new favorite!
Potatoes are Whole30 and Paleo and they act as a base in this meal. Cook in olive oil for 10 minutes or until potatoes are softened.
A popular Whole30 and Paleo cooking fat, olive oil is heart healthy and delicious!
Grass fed ground beef is the heart of this taco skillet.
Finely chopped onions provide a pop of color and flavor.
Green pepper adds the perfect hearty flavor!
Check label to ensure sugar free. Add full can to the skillet. Do not drain.
This Paleo Taco Skillet uses a homemade Whole30 approved taco seasoning. This includes: cumin, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
A squeeze of lime juice provides a pop of tartness and freshness to this Whole30 ground beef dinner.
Garnishes: avocado, jalapeño, cilantro, green onions
How to Make
First, add peeled and cubed potatoes to a skillet with olive oil. Cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes have softened.
Then, add ground beef to the skillet. Cook until brown and crumbly. Next, drain excess liquid from pan.
Add in remaining ingredients (except garnishes). Next, cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
Finally, remove from heat and top with avocado, sliced jalapeño, cilantro and green onions if desired.
How to Store
If there are leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. To reheat, add leftovers to a skillet with a small drizzle of olive oil. Cook until warmed through.
Whole30 Ground Beef Recipes
There are so many great Whole30 ground beef recipes! Here are some of my favorites:
For more information about what Whole30 is and for sample meal plans, see my Ultimate Guide to Whole30.
Get the Recipe: Paleo Taco Skillet (Whole30)
- 2 cups cubed and peeled potatoes, about 3 large potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped finely
- 1 can diced tomatoes, about 14 ounces
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp lime juice
- avocado, to garnish
- jalapeño, to garnish
- cilantro, to garnish
- green onions, to garnish
- First, peel and cube potatoes into 1 inch pieces. In a large skillet over medium heat, add potatoes and olive oil.
- Cook potatoes for 10 minutes or until potatoes have softened.
- Next, add in ground beef to the skillet. Break up meat as it browns. Once browned, remove excess liquid from pan.
- Then, add in remaining ingredients (except garnishes). Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Finally, remove from heat and garnish with avocado, jalapeño and cilantro.
- Slice potatoes into equal sized pieces no larger than 1 inch cubes.
- Ground turkey, ground chicken and ground pork can be used in place of the beef.
- Feel free to adjust seasonings to make this less or more spicy.
- Continue cooking until potatoes have softened.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.