Paleo Braised Cabbage and Sausage (Whole30)
This Paleo Braised Cabbage and Sausage is incredibly tender, hearty and flavorful! This one skillet dinner calls for only a handful of healthy ingredients. Cabbage and sausage are a classic combination. This Whole30 approved dinner is great for any night of the week. In addition, it is quick, easy, and kid approved!
Finely chopped onion gives this braised cabbage and sausage a little extra flavor.
A drizzle of olive oil helps brown the sausage.
Core and chop cabbage into bite sized pieces. Additionally, see below for how to braise cabbage.
The cabbage is braised in the chicken broth. Use sugar free chicken broth for Whole30.
Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
How to Make
First, add chopped onion, sliced sausage and olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Then, cook for 5 minutes or until onion is tender and sausage is cooked.
Next, core and chop cabbage into bite sized pieces. Add cabbage and chicken broth to the skillet. After that, season with sea salt and pepper as desired.
Cook for 20 minutes or until liquid has been mostly absorbed and cabbage is tender.
Finally, remove from heat and serve.
How to Braise Cabbage
First, core and chop cabbage into bite sized pieces. After the onions and sausage cook, add cabbage to the skillet. Simmer the cabbage in chicken broth for 20 minutes, or until tender.
How to Store Leftovers
To store, add leftovers to an airtight container. Store in fridge for up to 4 days. To reheat, simply add to a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil. Then, heat on low medium heat until warmed.
Get the Recipe: Paleo Braised Cabbage and Sausage (Whole30)
- First, add chopped onion, sliced sausages and olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until sausages are cooked and onions are tender.
- Then, add in chopped cabbage and chicken broth. Season with ground pepper and sea salt.
- Cook on medium for 20 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed and cabbage is tender.
- Finally, remove from heat and serve!
- Dice onion finely.
- Check ingredients label to ensure sausage is Paleo and Whole30, if needed.
- Continue cooking until cabbage is tender.
- Store in fridge for up to 3 days.