Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
This gluten free pumpkin bread is easy, soft and moist! It has the absolute best texture. This quick bread takes only 45 minutes from start to finish. It is as simple as mixing the wet ingredients, dry ingredients and baking. You will love this bread all year long!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This gluten free pumpkin bread is quick and easy.
- It is made with pantry staple ingredients.
- This bread is great for breakfast, snacks or dessert.
- It is soft and fluffy.
- Everything is made in one mixing bowl.
- No dough chilled required.
- This bread is not dry or bland.
- It has warm spices and flavors.
- As written, this recipe is gluten free, dairy free, nut free, and refined sugar free.
- Check out these Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies for another fun dessert.
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for gluten free pumpkin bread. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use pumpkin purée. Do not use pumpkin pie filling. The pumpkin purée comes in a can. It is easily found at grocery stores.
The eggs give this bread the best texture. I do not recommend trying to substitute for the eggs in this recipe. For an egg free bread, check out this Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.
A little vanilla extract adds a nice warm flavor.
Melted coconut oil adds moisture and nutritional benefits. If needed, replace with avocado oil or neutral flavored olive oil.
Both baking soda and baking powder leaven this bread.
Coconut sugar adds the sweetness. This is a great refined sugar free option. If desired, use lightly packed brown sugar in its place.
Both cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice add warmth. Pumpkin pie spice is available at most grocery stores and on Amazon. If needed, replace pumpkin pie spice with more cinnamon or a pinch of nutmeg.
Taste & Texture
This gluten free pumpkin bread is warmly spiced. The strongest flavor is pumpkin unsurprisingly. The cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice round out the flavor.
The texture is soft, fluffy and moist. This bread is not bland or dry!
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, add pumpkin purée, eggs, vanilla and melted coconut oil. Stir to combine.
Then, add in all remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
Pour batter into lined loaf pan.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Finally, remove from oven. Allow pumpkin bread to cool for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Line bread pan with parchment paper. This will help you get the bread out of the pan once cooled.
Use pumpkin purée. Pumpkin pie filling does not work.
If substituting coconut sugar with brown sugar, lightly pack brown sugar.
Feel free to add in some mix ins to the batter.
This bread takes much less time to bake than traditional pumpkin bread. Do not over bake.
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
Consider adding in some flavors to your gluten free pumpkin bread.
Add in chocolate chips.
Stir in chocolate chunks.
Add in a pinch of nutmeg.
Add in chopped walnuts.
Mix in some chopped pecans.
Top with pumpkin seeds.
Top with a streusel topping.
Add in a swirl of melted chocolate.
Add in some white chocolate chips.
Bake this recipe into Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins!
How to Serve & Store
Serve gluten free pumpkin bread once cooled.
Pair with coffee or hot chocolate.
This bread is delicious served warm with a scoop of ice cream!
Store leftovers covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Store in fridge for 5 days.
This bread freezes well. Thaw before eating.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Trader Joe’s does make a gluten free version of their pumpkin bread in the fall.
Yes! Wrap individual pieces and freeze for up to 2 months.
Yes, this bread is dairy free.
You May Also Like
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Edible Pumpkin Cookie Dough
- Oat Flour Banana Bread
- Sugar Free Banana Bread
If you make this gluten free pumpkin bread recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Gluten Free Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add pumpkin purée, eggs, vanilla and melted coconut oil. Stir to combine.
- Then, add in all remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Pour batter into lined loaf pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Finally, remove from oven. Allow bread to cool for 2 hours before slicing and serving.
- Use pumpkin purée, not pumpkin pie filling.
- Both coconut sugar and brown sugar can be used. If using brown sugar, lightly pack it in your 1 cup measuring cup.
- Pumpkin pie spice can be difficult to find, so this ingredient is optional. If you cannot find it, add more cinnamon or a pinch of nutmeg.
- Feel free to add in chocolate chips, walnuts or pecans into the batter.
- Bread is done baking when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow bread to fully cool before slicing into.
- Store leftovers covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
- Bread freezes and thaws well.
Love this gluten free pumpkin bread? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!