Easy Pumpkin Bread
This easy pumpkin bread is the easiest recipe ever! Only two ingredients needed. The loaf comes out soft, moist and warmly spiced. This bread is super quick and easy to make. Great for a cozy breakfast, afternoon snack or healthier dessert!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This easy pumpkin bread is quick and easy.
- It only takes 5 minutes to prepare.
- Everything is made in one mixing bowl.
- Only two ingredients needed.
- This bread comes out soft and moist.
- The spices are warm.
- Way better than Starbucks pumpkin bread!
- This recipe can be adaptable to many diets. Depending on mix used, this recipe can be gluten free, dairy free, Paleo, grain free, nut free, and refined sugar free.
- In addition, this recipe is egg free.
- Check out this Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread for another fall favorite!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for easy pumpkin bread. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
First, use canned pumpkin purée. This comes in a can. Find it in the baking aisle at every grocery store. Do not use pumpkin pie filling.
Lastly, use spice cake mix or pumpkin muffin mix. Do not prepare the cake as instructed on the box. Do not add eggs or oil. This recipe only needs the powdered substance found in the box.
Feel free to mix in chocolate chips, walnuts, pecans or another add in.
Taste & Texture
This easy pumpkin bread tastes like classic pumpkin bread. It has warm spices and a strong pumpkin flavor.
This recipe is soft and moist. The pumpkin purée makes the bread slightly dense, but so delicious!
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a bread pan with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, add pumpkin purée and spice cake mix. Do not prepare cake mix as written. Just use the powder.
Then, mix together. The batter will be pretty thick.
Spread batter into lined bread pan.
Bake for 38 to 42 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Finally, remove from oven. Allow the bread to cool before slicing.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use canned pumpkin purée. Do not use pumpkin pie filling.
Use spice cake mix or pumpkin muffin mix. For best results, use one that is 15 ounces. Mixes less than 13 ounces will yield very moist, dense bread.
Ideally, use 15 ounces pumpkin purée and 15 ounces mix. The ratio should be 1 to 1.
Line bread pan with parchment paper. Alternatively, spray heavily with nonstick spray.
If needed, use gluten free mix.
For this recipe, I used Paleo Nut Pumpkin Mix which is only 13 ounces. Do not use a mix less than 13 ounces.
The batter will be thick.
Spread into an even layer before baking.
Bake until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Do not over bake.
Allow this easy pumpkin bread to fully cool before slicing.
Which Mix to Use
There are many great options for mixes. This recipe only calls for the powdered mix, not the eggs and oil.
For best results, use one that is closest to 15 ounces. If needed, leave out a little cake mix or add a little more pumpkin purée so that the ratios are 1 to 1. Ideally, this bread is made with 15 ounces pumpkin purée and 15 ounces dry mix.
If not gluten free, feel free to use a classic spice cake mix.
Here are some great allergy friendly options.
Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread & Muffin Mix is easily accessible and delicious. This one is 17.5 ounces.
King Arthur Flour makes a good gluten free option. It is only 12 ounces, so either use about 1.25 boxes of mix or use less pumpkin purée and bake in a smaller pan.
Simple Mills Pumpkin Mix is grain free, gluten free, dairy free, Paleo and refined sugar free. This is a great healthier option. At only 9 ounces, use 1.5 boxes of this for 1 can of pumpkin.
Namaste Gluten Free Pumpkin Mix is tasty. At 26 ounces, use only a little more than half.
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
Consider these add ins.
Mini chocolate chips
White chocolate chips
How to Serve & Store
Serve easy pumpkin bread once cool. Serve with milk, hot chocolate or coffee.
This bread is great warmed up with butter, peanut butter or jam.
Store bread covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Freeze individually wrapped slices for up to 1 month.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Freeze slices for up to 1 month.
Sure. Heavily spray muffin pan. They would need only 12 to 15 minutes.
No. Use gluten free mix if you are gluten free.
Yes. Spice cake mix works well.
Vanilla cake mix would work fine. The overall flavor would be less pumpkin and cinnamon forward. If desired, use vanilla cake mix, pumpkin purée and pumpkin pie spice.
You May Also Like
- Paleo Pumpkin Bread
- Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- Almond Flour Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
If you make this easy pumpkin bread recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! Check out these Breakfast Recipes for more great ideas.
Get the Recipe: Easy Pumpkin Bread
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin purée
- 1 box spice cake mix or pumpkin bread mix, about 15 ounces
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper or heavily spray with nonstick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, add pumpkin purée and spice cake mix. Do not prepare cake mix as written. Just add the powder.
- Then, mix together. Batter will be thick.
- Spread into lined bread pan.
- Bake for 38 to 42 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Finally, remove from oven. Allow bread to cool before slicing.
- Use canned pumpkin purée, not pumpkin pie filling.
- This recipe works well with spice cake mix or pumpkin muffin mix.
- Do not prepare the cake as written on the box. There is no need to add eggs, oil, or anything else.
- Use gluten free cake mix for gluten free.
- Look for a cake mix or muffin mix that is about 15 ounces. While 15 ounces is ideal, this recipe can be made with 13 ounce mixes.
- The batter will be thick.
- Feel free to add in chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or any other mix ins.
- Bake until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Do not over bake.
- Store bread covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Bread freezes well.
- Nutrition facts were calculated using the Paleo Nut pumpkin mix as seen in photos.
Love this easy recipe for pumpkin bread? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!
2 Comments on “Easy Pumpkin Bread”
love how simple this pumpkin bread is to make! so easy and delicious!
That is so delicious, and I am so excited to make this for everyone.