Almond Flour Pumpkin Bread
This almond flour pumpkin bread is light, soft and fluffy! It has warm and cozy flavors and the perfect texture. This bread uses only almond flour. No other flours needed! This one mixing bowl recipe is great for breakfast, snacks and dessert.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This almond flour pumpkin bread is soft and moist.
- Almond flour is the only flour used.
- This recipe is made without coconut flour, without tapioca flour, without oat flour and without any other flours.
- It has the best texture.
- The warm spices make this bread cozy.
- Great for any time of the day.
- This bread is especially delicious in the fall.
- Everything is made in one mixing bowl.
- This recipe is Paleo, grain free, gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
- Check out this Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread for another great recipe!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for almond flour pumpkin bread. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Four eggs add lightness and fluffiness to this bread. Do not use an egg substitute.
Use pumpkin purée, not pumpkin pie filling.
A little vanilla extract adds to the warmth.
Use blanched almond flour for best results. Do not use almond meal. If possible, use finely ground almond flour. There are no perfect substitutes for the almond flour here. Do not use coconut flour, oat flour, or cassava flour.
Coconut sugar is a great Paleo sweetener. It adds sweetness. In addition, coconut sugar is refined sugar free. If needed, substitute with lightly packed brown sugar.
Baking soda leavens this bread.
Add in a pinch of sea salt if desired. Omit otherwise.
Both cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice add that classic autumn flavor. Feel free to replace pumpkin pie spice with more cinnamon.
Add in a pinch of nutmeg if desired. It adds a depth of flavor.
Use your favorite chocolate chips! I like to use sugar free, dairy free chocolate chips. Feel free to omit or replace with walnuts.
Baking with Almond Flour
Almond flour is a popular Paleo baking flour. In addition, it both grain free and gluten free.
Almond flour creates an interesting texture in baked goods. It never gets fully “crispy” while baking.
This healthy flour is made from ground up almonds. Blanched almond flour is made from almonds without their skin. Blanched almond flour is great for baking.
Almond flour adds a slightly nutty and hearty flavor to this almond flour pumpkin bread.
Bob’s Red Mill and King Arthur Flour make great almond flours.
Taste & Texture
This almond flour pumpkin bread is warmly spiced, mildly sweet and somewhat hearty. The strongest flavors are pumpkin and chocolate. The cinnamon adds a great touch!
This bread is soft, fluffy and moist. It is slightly softer than traditional quick bread recipes.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 by 4 inch bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, add eggs, pumpkin purée and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
Then, add in all remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Spread batter into the lined bread pan.
Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. After 30 minutes of baking, add a piece of aluminum foil loosely on top to prevent burning. Bread will look a little bit soft in the middle.
Finally, remove almond flour pumpkin bread from oven. Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Expert Tips & Tricks
For best results, use blanched, finely ground almond flour.
Carefully measure all ingredients.
Use pumpkin purée, not pumpkin pie filling.
Tent with a piece of tin foil after 30 minutes of baking. This prevents burning on top.
Bake until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Allow bread to cool fully before slicing into. It is soft!
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
Consider these flavor variations.
Add in chopped chocolate.
Use white chocolate chips.
Add in mini chocolate chips.
Top with pumpkin seeds.
Completely omit chocolate.
Stir in chopped walnuts.
Stir in chopped pecans.
Use more cinnamon and nutmeg.
How to Serve & Store
Serve almond flour pumpkin bread once fully cooled.
Serve with a tall glass of almond milk, coffee or oat milk hot chocolate.
Spread some almond butter or grass fed butter on top!
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Freeze individual slices for up to 1 month.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sure! Bake at 350 degrees for only 14 to 16 minutes.
Yes! Wrap individual slices before freezing. Thaw before eating.
King Arthur Flour and Bob’s Red Mill both make great almond flour.
Almond meal is ground up whole almonds with their skins. This results in a more coarse and hearty flour. Almond flour is made from ground up blanched almonds. It is more finely ground and less coarse.
You May Also Like
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Paleo Pumpkin Bread
- Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Edible Pumpkin Cookie Dough
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you make this almond flour pumpkin bread recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Paleo Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Almond Flour Pumpkin Bread
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 by 4 inch bread pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, pumpkin purée and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Then, add in all remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into lined bread pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. About halfway through baking, tent with aluminum foil to prevent burning on top. It will look a little bit soft in the middle.
- Finally, remove from oven. Allow bread to cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Use blanched, fine almond flour for best results. Do not use almond meal.
- Use pumpkin purée, not pumpkin pie filling.
- After 30 minutes of baking, add a tent of tin foil on top. This prevents burning.
- The bread will look a little soft in the middle as it bakes. Remove from oven when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Store bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Bread freezes well.
Love this almond flour pumpkin bread? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!