Chicken Taco Seasoning
This chicken taco seasoning is incredibly flavorful! It takes only a few minutes to make. Add this seasoning to shredded chicken, beef, steak, shrimp, vegetables and more. It adds the best spicy flavor to tacos, enchiladas, salads, fajitas and other dishes. This homemade taco seasoning blend is way better than store bought!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This homemade chicken taco seasoning takes less than 5 minutes.
- It is great for any Mexican dish.
- Add it to meat and vegetables.
- This tastes way better than store bought seasoning.
- Great with tacos, enchiladas, fajitas, nachos, steak and more.
- This seasoning is also great in soups, casseroles or on Mexican Potatoes.
- It is very versatile.
- Most store bought brands contain added sugar. This version is sugar free.
- Store this seasoning for up to 6 months.
- This recipe is Whole30 compliant, vegan, Paleo, low carb, gluten free, dairy free, nut free and sugar free.
- Check out this Cajun Seasoning for another delicious recipe.
- Great on these Baked Chicken Thighs!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for chicken taco seasoning. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Cumin adds a classic taco flavor.
Chili powder adds some spice. Feel free to add slightly more or less depending on your preferred spice level.
Garlic powder adds a great garlicky flavor.
Paprika adds more flavor and spice. Again, feel free to add more or reduce amounts.
Onion powder helps balance out the other strong flavors.
Both black pepper and sea salt add a classic flavor to this homemade seasoning.
Oregano adds an unexpected but delicious flavor.
Lastly, red pepper flakes add a lot of spice. For a more mild flavor, omit. For very spicy, add more.
Taste & Texture
This homemade seasoning for chicken tacos is bold, spicy and so flavorful. It tastes like a restaurant and instantly adds flavor to any dish. This recipe is not overly spicy. Feel free to adjust spice amounts as needed.
The texture is like a seasoning mix.
How to Make
First, add all ingredients to a bowl.
Mix everything together.
Lastly, store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Adjust amounts of spices to suit your taste.
This recipe is very forgiving and customizable.
Red pepper flakes are very spicy. Add slowly to the mixture. Add more if needed.
This seasoning goes well with crockpot shredded chicken.
Keep this seasoning in an airtight container. This helps it stay fresh and flavorful.
This homemade taco seasoning for chicken has many uses.
Use in on ground beef or ground chicken in taco salad.
Use it as a seasoning for steak.
This seasoning is great for soups and stews.
Add it to potatoes or French fries.
Great with tacos, enchiladas, fajitas, queso and nachos.
This seasoning also tastes great with shrimp.
How to Serve & Store
Serve this chicken taco seasoning with meat or vegetables.
It can be used in soups, casseroles, and any Mexican dish.
Store in an airtight container. It keeps well for up to 6 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Taco seasoning and chicken taco seasoning are very similar. This recipe can be used for tacos and vice versa. Chicken seasoning is usually a bit more mild.
Taco seasoning tastes great on chicken!
Beef seasoning is typically more spicy than chicken seasoning. They can be used interchangeably though.
Yes! This works well as a rub for chicken or other meat.
Yes, this recipe is gluten free as written. It is Whole30 approved, vegan, Paleo, gluten free, dairy free, nut free and sugar free.
You May Also Like
If you make this chicken taco seasoning recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Join my exclusive Facebook Group for a behind the scenes look. I would love for you to follow along!
Get the Recipe: Chicken Taco Seasoning
- First, add all ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix together.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- Feel free to adjust amounts of spices and seasonings to suit your taste.
- Red pepper flakes are optional. They add a lot of spice.
- Add this seasoning mixture to any meat.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 6 months.
Love this healthy chicken taco seasoning? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!