Banana Bread Brownies
These banana bread brownies combine two classic recipes! They have the warm flavor of banana bread and texture of fudge brownies. This one bowl recipe is great for any occasion. They are made from only pantry staple ingredients. Great for easy desserts, family dinners and more!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These banana bread brownies are quick and easy.
- They combine two favorite recipes.
- They have a great banana flavor. Try this Chocolate Banana Bread for another delicious recipe!
- These brownies are not overly sweet. Try these 3 Ingredient Brownies too!
- The texture is gooey and fudge like.
- Only pantry staple ingredients required.
- Everything is mixed in one bowl.
- This recipe can be made gluten free with gluten free flour. In addition, it is nut free and refined sugar free.
- Check out these Paleo Brownies for another favorite dessert recipe!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for banana bread brownies. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use coconut sugar or light brown sugar. Coconut sugar is great for refined sugar free. If desired, white sugar can be used. Brownies will be lighter in color.
Melted unsalted butter adds a slight buttery flavor. Use dairy free butter if needed.
Only one egg needed. I do not recommend trying to use a vegan egg replacement.
Vanilla extract adds a homemade flavor.
Both all purpose flour and gluten free flour work well. For these photos, I used Bob’s Red Mill gluten free baking flour. Do not use another flour. For grain free, try these Almond Flour Brownies.
Mashed bananas add natural sweetness. Banana is the strongest flavor. For that reason, use ripe bananas.
Add in a pinch of sea salt if desired.
Lastly, dark chocolate chips add a great rich flavor. I used dairy free chocolate chips. Use your favorite!
What are Banana Bread Brownies?
Banana bread brownies are brownies with mashed banana!
They have the flavor of banana bread. These brownies are naturally sweet and taste like banana bread.
They have the texture of a gooey fudge brownie.
Overall, these are not as chocolaty as classic brownies.
Taste & Texture
These banana bread brownies are naturally sweet. They taste mostly like banana and chocolate.
The texture is fudge like and gooey. They are not dry or cake like. In addition, they are a little dense like traditional brownies.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients except chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Transfer batter to the lined baking pan. Dot with extra chocolate chips on top if desired.
Bake for 24 to 27 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Finally, remove banana bread brownies from oven. Allow these brownies to cool for 1 hour before carefully slicing and serving.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Carefully measure ingredients.
Use melted butter. Do not use cold butter.
Use either coconut sugar or light brown sugar.
Both regular flour and gluten free flour work well. Do not substitute for another flour.
The batter will be thicker than regular brownie batter. Moreover, it resembles banana bread batter.
Do not over bake the brownies.
To test doneness, insert toothpick into brownies. If it comes out clean, remove from oven.
Allow them to cool for at least 1 hour before slicing into.
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
Consider these fun add ins!
Add in white chocolate chips.
Use mini chocolate chips.
Use chocolate chunks
Sprinkle in some cinnamon.
Add in walnuts.
Add in chopped pecans.
Spread some frosting or icing on top.
Top with a peanut butter swirl!
Or, try this Healthy Banana Bread!
How to Serve & Store
Serve with milk, coffee or hot chocolate.
These are great topped with peanut butter.
Store brownies in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
Freeze for up to 1 month.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use gluten free flour to keep them gluten free.
Sure! Top with frosting or icing if desired.
Yes, dairy free butter sticks can be used. Earth Balance butter sticks are a great option.
These are much more fudge like.
You May Also Like
- Banana Brownies
- Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Almond Flour Banana Bread
- Sugar Free Banana Bread
Get the Recipe: Banana Bread Brownies
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients except chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to the lined baking pan. Dot with extra chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake for 24 to 27 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Finally, remove from oven. Allow brownies to cool for 1 hour before carefully slicing and serving.
- If needed, dairy free butter works well.
- Use coconut sugar for refined sugar free. Otherwise, light brown sugar works well.
- Both regular all purpose flour and gluten free 1 to 1 flour work well.
- The batter will resemble banana bread batter.
- Do not over bake brownies. Check them around 24 minutes. If toothpick inserted comes out clean, remove from oven.
- Allow brownies to cool for 1 hour before slicing into.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- They freeze well.
Love these banana bread brownies? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!