Almond Flour Brownies
These almond flour brownies are the best! They have a gooey chocolaty center and slightly chewy edges. These homemade brownies contain loads of chocolate and tons of flavor. They are naturally grain free and gluten free!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These almond flour brownies are quick and easy.
- Only one mixing bowl needed.
- No dough chilling required.
- They have a gooey center.
- These brownies with almond flour are fudge like.
- They are not dry or cake like.
- This recipe is Paleo friendly, grain free, gluten free, and dairy free friendly.
- Check out these Almond Flour Cookies for another dessert favorite!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for almond flour brownies. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use unsalted butter. Melt fully. For dairy free, use melted coconut oil.
Granulated sugar adds sweetness. In addition, sugar helps create beautiful shiny tops. For Paleo and refined sugar free, use coconut sugar.
Three eggs help bind these brownies together. For this specific recipe, do not use an egg replacement. To make eggless, try these Vegan Brownies.
Almond flour adds substance. Almond flour typically has a slightly hearty and nutty flavor. In these brownies, it is not very detectable. The chocolate flavor is more powerful.
Cocoa powder adds a deep chocolate flavor.
Add in a pinch of sea salt if desired.
Vanilla extract adds a classic homemade flavor.
Chocolate chips add even more chocolate! Feel free to use any type of chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
What is Almond Flour?
Almond flour is a popular healthier baking flour. It is Paleo, grain free and naturally gluten free.
Almond flour is a unique flour. Moreover, it is unlike any other flour. It does not firm up while baking. This is perfect for these gooey almond flour brownies.
Blanched almond flour is made from almonds without skin. It is ground up into a flour like substance. This blanched almond flour is great for baking. On the other hand, almond meal is made from ground up whole almonds. It is much more coarse and gritty.
Almond flour contains more healthy fat and protein than all purpose flour. These Almond Flour Muffins are a must!
Taste & Texture
These almond flour brownies are rich and decadent! They are chocolaty and sweet. The almond flour flavor is slight.
These brownies are thick, gooey and fudge like. They are not cake like or dry. The melted chocolate chips add a great gooey texture.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 inch by 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, add sugar and eggs. Whisk vigorously for 2 minutes, until light and frothy.
Then, add in all remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
Fold in the chocolate chips. The batter may be slightly thicker than traditional brownie batter.
Pour batter into lined pan. Add extra chocolate chips on top if desired.
Bake for 27 to 32 minutes.
Finally, remove almond flour brownies from oven. Allow brownies to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Carefully measure all ingredients.
Use blanched almond flour. Homemade almond flour or almond meal will not work.
Use any type of chocolate chips.
The brownie batter is slightly thicker than traditional brownie batter.
Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top before baking.
Do not over bake! For fudge like brownies, bake only about 27 minutes. For more chewy, bake 32 minutes.
Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted comes out with moist crumbs.
Allow almond flour brownies to fully cool before slicing into.
How to Serve & Store
Serve almond flour brownies once cool enough to slice into.
These brownies pair well with ice cream, caramel sauce, hot fudge or whipped cream.
Serve with a cup of coffee, mug of hot chocolate or glass of milk.
Store brownies covered for up to 3 days.
Freeze for up to 1 month.
Frequently Asked Questions
Almond flour and regular flour are not direct substitutes for each other. Almond flour is not as dense or thickening as all purpose flour.
Yes, these brownies are gluten free.
Yes, almond flour is great for baking.
Instead of sugar, use coconut sugar.
I do not recommend trying another flour in this specific recipe.
You May Also Like
If you make this almond flour brownie recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more sweet treats, check out these Dessert Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Almond Flour Brownies
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add sugar and eggs. Whisk vigorously for 2 minutes, until light and frothy.
- Then, add in all remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Batter may be slightly thicker than traditional brownie batter.
- Pour batter into lined pan. Add extra chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake for 27 to 32 minutes. For fudge brownies, bake only 27 minutes. For more chewy brownies, bake 32 minutes.
- Finally, remove from oven. Allow brownies to cool completely before slicing and serving.
- For dairy free, use melted coconut oil instead of butter.
- For Paleo, use coconut sugar instead of granulated sugar.
- Use blanched almond flour. Do not use homemade almond flour or almond meal.
- Any type of chocolate chips can be used.
- Bake brownies for 27 to 32 minutes. The longer they bake, the more chewy and less fudge like they become.
- For the perfect fudge brownies, bake about 27 minutes. Insert toothpick. If it comes out with only moist crumbs, remove from oven.
- Store brownies covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- These brownies freeze well.
Love these gluten free brownies with almond flour? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!