Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
These peanut butter swirl brownies are rich, gooey and chocolaty! They combine chocolate and peanut butter in the most delicious way. The brownies are fudge like while the topping is creamy and smooth. These homemade brownies are great for any occasion!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These peanut butter swirl brownies are quick and easy.
- Everything is made in one bowl.
- No dough chilling needed.
- They are gooey and fudge like.
- Chocolate and peanut butter are the best combination.
- They are great for any occasion.
- Both kids and adults love them!
- This recipe can be made gluten free by using gluten free 1 to 1 flour.
- Check out these Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies for another dessert!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for peanut butter swirl brownies. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use unsalted melted butter. Completely melt it. For a dairy free option, use melted coconut oil.
Granulated sugar adds the sweetness. For refined sugar free, use coconut sugar.
Three eggs help keep these brownies together. To make eggless, try these Vegan Brownies.
Use either all purpose flour or gluten free 1 to 1 flour. Both work equally well. For grain free, try these Almond Flour Brownies.
Cocoa powder adds a rich flavor.
Add in sea salt if desired.
Vanilla extract adds a warm flavor.
Both peanut butter chips and chocolate chips go in! They are both delicious. If needed, use all chocolate chips.
Use all natural creamy peanut butter. Do not use brands with added sugars or oils.
Taste & Texture
These peanut butter swirl brownies taste like chocolate and peanut butter! No surprises.
They are gooey, fudge like and chocolaty.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 inch by 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, add eggs and sugar. Whisk vigorously for 2 minutes, until frothy and light.
Then, add in all remaining ingredients except peanut butter chips, chocolate chips and peanut butter. Stir to combine.
Fold in both peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.
Pour batter into lined pan. Pour creamy peanut butter on top. Use a knife to swirl.
Bake for 25 to 27 minutes or until middle is gooey but set.
Finally, remove peanut butter swirl brownies from oven. Allow peanut butter swirl brownies to fully cool before slicing into.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Carefully measure all ingredients.
For dairy free, use melted coconut oil. In addition, use dairy free chocolate chips.
To make these refined sugar free, use coconut sugar.
Do not use an alternative flour.
Do not replace the eggs.
Peanut butter chips add even more peanut butter flavor! Highly recommend buying them.
Use all natural peanut butter made from only peanuts and salt. Do not use a thick peanut butter.
Do not bake too long. These brownies are supposed to be gooey.
How to Cut Brownies
Here is how to perfectly cut brownies.
First, allow brownies to fully cool. If needed, place in fridge to speed up this process.
Once fully cooled, take a large long sharp knife.
Between each cut, rinse knife under water to wash it off.
Then, dry with a paper towel.
Repeat for each cut.
How to Serve & Store
Serve peanut butter swirl brownies once fully cooled.
These brownies go well with a glass of milk, cup of coffee or mug of hot chocolate!
Serve warm with ice cream, hot fudge or caramel sauce. Dollop with whipped cream.
Store covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Drizzle creamy peanut butter on top of batter. Then use a knife to swirl.
Use gluten free flour to keep them gluten free.
Use all natural creamy peanut butter made from only peanuts and salt.
The brownies will look gooey but set in the middle. A toothpick inserted should come out with only moist crumbs.
You May Also Like
If you make this peanut butter swirl brownie recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more sweet treats, check out these Dessert Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 inch by 8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs and sugar. Whisk vigorously for 2 minutes, until frothy and light.
- Then, add in all remaining ingredients except peanut butter chips, chocolate chips and peanut butter. Stir to combine.
- Fold in peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into lined pan. Pour creamy peanut butter on top. Use a knife to swirl.
- Bake for 25 to 27 minutes or until middle is gooey but set.
- Finally, remove from oven. Allow brownies to fully cool before slicing into.
- To make dairy free, use melted coconut oil instead of butter. Additionally, use dairy free chocolate chips.
- Feel free to use coconut sugar instead of granulated sugar.
- Use either regular all purpose flour or gluten free 1 to 1 flour. For these photos, I used King Arthur gluten free 1 to 1 flour.
- Peanut butter chips add even more flavor! Feel free to replace with more regular chocolate chips if desired.
- Do not over bake! These brownies are meant to be gooey.
- Allow them to cool completely. Then, slice and serve.
- Store covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Love these peanut butter swirl brownies? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!