Air Fryer Italian Sausage
Tired of greasy pans and the splatter around the stove? Say goodbye to messy meal prep and hello to juicy, perfectly crisped air fryer Italian sausage! This simple recipe is about to become your new weeknight go to, offering up quick, delicious flavors without the fuss. So, grab your favorite sausage and get ready to experience Italian sausage like never before!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This air fryer Italian sausage is quick and easy to make!
This recipe requires no prep time.
- It is much cleaner than cooking on the stovetop.
- This simply recipe takes only 10 minutes to make.
- The air fryer makes the sausages crispy on the outside.
- Great for family dinners, meal prep, and leftovers.
- Use this sausage in pasta, casseroles, and more.
- This recipe is Paleo, Keto, gluten free, dairy free, egg free, nut free, and sugar free.
- Check out this Air Fryer Ribeye Steak for another delicious air fryer recipe!
Taste & Texture
This air fryer Italian sausage is hearty, savory, and flavorful.
The skin is crispy while the inside is juicy. The air fryer makes delicious sausage!
How to Make
First, place the Italian sausages in the air fryer basket or tray.
Air fry at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Flip halfway through.
Finally, remove the Italian sausages from the air fryer.
Expert Tips for Success
Follow these tips and tricks to make the best air fryer Italian sausage.
Use paper towels to pat the sausage dry if it contains any moisture.
Do not overcrowd the basket! Give the sausages room to breathe for even cooking.
A quick mid-cook flip ensures all sides get exposed to the hot air, leading to uniform golden crispness.
Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C) for safe consumption.
Flavor Variations & Add-Ins
Switch up the flavors of your air fryer Italian sausage.
Spicy kick: Drizzle with hot sauce or sprinkle with chili flakes before air frying.
Sweet & savory: Brush with maple syrup or BBQ sauce for a sweet and smoky twist.
Mediterranean vibes: Toss with olive oil, fresh herbs, and a squeeze of lemon for a bright, fresh flavor.
Veggie fiesta: Add chopped peppers, onions, or mushrooms to the basket for a complete meal in one.
How to Serve & Store
Enjoy your air fried sausages immediately for the best texture and flavor.
Add this sausage to salads, casseroles, pasta dishes, and more. It works well with peppers and onions too.
Store cooked sausages in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Reheat in the air fryer or oven until warmed through.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Absolutely! No need to thaw. Simply increase the cooking time by a few minutes and ensure the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Not usually! The sausage fat releases enough oil for crispy browning. However, a light spray of avocado oil can add a touch of shine if desired.
Most air fryers work just fine at 375°F for 10 to 12 minutes. Cook time may vary depending on your specific model and the thickness of the sausages.
Air Fryer: I use this air fryer almost every single day!
Check out all of my kitchen favorites!
You May Also Enjoy
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Whole30 Sausage Egg Bowls
- Air Fryer Sausage Links
- Air Fryer Toast
If you make this air fryer Italian sausage recipe, I would appreciate a review! Find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas and recipes, check out these Dinner Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Air Fryer Italian Sausage
- 4 Italian sausages
- First, place the Italian sausages in the air fryer basket or tray.
- Air fry at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Flip halfway through.
- Finally, remove the Italian sausages from the air fryer.
- Use any type of Italian sausage.
- If cooking the sausages from frozen, air fry at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Store the leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Check out all of my kitchen favorites!
Love this easy air fryer Italian sausage? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes, and updates!