Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
These Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings have crispy skin and fall off the bone tender meat! They are super easy to make and incredibly flavorful. Toss with your favorite sauce and you have a quick, easy and healthy meal!
Making chicken wings in an air fryer totally changes the game! These wings go from your freezer to your plate in about 30 minutes. In addition, these are a great appetizer for holidays, hosting and entertaining!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
These Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings are super fun and easy! Here is why you’ll love them:
- These crispy chicken wings are air fried to crispy perfection.
- Toss with your favorite sauce. There are so many variations possible!
- This frozen wings recipe requires only a few ingredients.
- These wings are significantly healthier made in this appliance.
- These air fryer chicken wings are Paleo, Gluten Free and Dairy Free.
- Depending on the sauce used, these wings can be Whole30 and Keto. Hot sauce is another great idea.
- An easy honey garlic sauce is the perfect sweet and savory addition to these air fryer chicken wings!
- If using fresh chicken wings, reduce cooking time to 18 to 20 minutes.
First, preheat air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add chicken wings, olive oil, sea salt and pepper to a large bowl. Toss until chicken is coated.
Arrange frozen wings on air fryer sheet.
Air fry for 15 minutes. Carefully remove and flip chicken. Then, air fry another 10 minutes.
Remove from air fryer. Combine honey and garlic in a small bowl.
Add garlic honey and wings to a large bowl. Toss until coated. Serve!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
These chicken wings cook for 25 minutes in the air fryer.
Since these are frozen, a full 25 minutes is needed! In addition, check internal temperature is at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Yes, frozen chicken wings can be cooked in an air fryer.
No, it is not necessary to thaw wings beforehand.
Air fryers are typically more powerful than an oven. Due to this, use a slightly lower temperature.
These air fryer frozen chicken wings are done when they have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Yes! Toss chicken wings with your favorite sauce. Both BBQ sauce and buffalo wing sauce are great options.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
How to Air Fry Like a Pro
An air fryer is a versatile and reliable kitchen appliance. Here are some tips and tricks for air frying.
Set the air fry temperature to 10 degrees less than an oven. For example, these wings are air fried at 390 degrees instead of 400. This helps to prevent burning.
Use very little oil, butter or cooking fat. Keep a close watch on food to prevent burning.
Some brands are much stronger than others so adjust frying time accordingly.
Arrange food in one layer on fryer basket or sheet. Do not overcrowd fryer. Always check the internal temperature of meat to ensure it is cooked through.
Other Favorite Air Fryer Recipes
Different Sauces & Ideas
There are so many different sauces that work well!
A classic hot sauce or buffalo wing sauce adds some spice and heat. Toss cooked wings with sauce after air frying.
BBQ sauce is another great idea! Toss wings with BBQ sauce after frying. My favorite Whole30 approved BBQ sauce is Smoky BBQ Sauce.
The sauce I used for these wings is a simple honey garlic sauce. Mix honey and minced garlic in a bowl. Then, toss cooked chicken with sauce until fully coated.
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
- Air fryer
- First, preheat air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add frozen wings, olive oil, sea salt and pepper to a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Once coated, place chicken wings on air fryer sheet.
- Air fry for 15 minutes. Carefully remove.
- Then, flip chicken wings. Return to air fryer for another 10 minutes.
- Next, remove from air fryer.
- In a small bowl, combine honey and minced garlic.
- Add chicken wings and garlic honey to a large bowl. Toss until chicken wings are coated.
- Finally, serve!
- If using thawed chicken wings, reduce cooking time to 20 minutes total, flipping wings after 10 minutes.
- All air fryers are different. Mine is powerful. Closely watch wings to prevent burning.
- Chicken is done cooking when its internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Feel free to use your favorite dipping sauce in place of the garlic honey.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!