Grated Egg Avocado Toast
This TikTok viral grated egg avocado toast is incredibly flavorful! It features a toasted bagel or bread, creamy mashed avocado, grated hard boiled eggs, and flaky sea salt on top. Great for a protein packed breakfast, savory brunch, healthy snack, or satisfying meal. This quick and easy recipe takes only 10 minutes!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This grated egg avocado toast is quick and easy to make.
- There are only three main ingredients.
- This recipe is great all day long.
- It is high in protein and healthy fats.
- I love eating this for a post workout meal or healthy breakfast.
- Feel free to use any type of bagel or bread. I always use gluten free.
- As written, this recipe is gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free.
- Check out these Gluten Free Bagels!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for this grated egg avocado toast. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
First, use a bagel or bread. Both regular and gluten free work well.
Use a ripe avocado. Ripe avocados are dark green. In addition, ripe avocados have bumpy skin.
Refrigerate the hard boiled eggs for at least 30 minutes before making this recipe. They are much easier to grate when they are cold.
Lastly, sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired.
Taste & Texture
This grated egg avocado toast has amazing textures and flavors!
The bagel or toast is crispy and crunchy. Avocado provides the creaminess while the grated egg resembles shredded cheese. Lastly, the flaky sea salt adds a slight crunch on top.
How to Make
First, toast the bagel or bread until the desired level of crispiness.
Mash the avocado with a fork. Spread the mashed avocado on top of the bagel or toast.
Use a cheese grater to grate the hard boiled eggs on top.
Lastly, sprinkle sea salt on top if desired.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Follow these tips and tricks to make the best grated egg avocado toast.
Use cold hard boiled eggs. Refrigerate them for at least 30 minutes before grating.
Choose a ripe avocado. It should be dark green and bumpy.
This recipe is great when enjoyed immediately.
How to Serve & Store
Serve this grated egg avocado toast immediately.
For some extra heat, top with chili flakes or hot sauce.
In addition, top with garlic powder or black pepper for added flavor.
Serve with coffee, tea, a smoothie, or protein shake.
I do not recommend making this too far ahead of time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, avocado egg toast is healthy.
Use a cheese grater. Grate the chilled hard boiled egg.
A ripe avocado has a dark green color and slightly bumpy skin.
Both work well! For these photos, I used a gluten free bagel. Toast is great too!
Toaster: This toaster is great for making toast and bagels.
Check out all of my kitchen favorites!
You May Also Like
- Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Products
- Eggless Banana Bread
- Almond Flour Banana Bread
- Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins
If you make this grated egg avocado toast recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Join my exclusive Facebook Group for a behind the scenes look. I would love for you to follow along! Check out these Breakfast Recipes for more great ideas
Get the Recipe: Grated Egg Avocado Toast
- First, toast the bagel or bread until desired level of crispiness.
- Mash the avocado with a fork. Spread the mashed avocado on top of the bagel or toast.
- Use a cheese grater to grate the hard boiled eggs on top.
- Finally, sprinkle sea salt on top if desired.
- Use cold hard boiled eggs. After boiling, peel and place in an ice cold water bath. Then, place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or until cold.
- Use a ripe avocado for the best texture.
- I am gluten free, so I use gluten free bagels and bread. If you are not gluten free, feel free to use a regular bagel or bread.
- This is best eaten immediately.
- Check out all of my kitchen favorites!
Love this grated egg avocado toast? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes, and updates!