Sweet Potato Brownies
These sweet potato brownies are rich, decadent, fudgy, and gooey! They are made with only five pantry staple ingredients. This one-bowl recipe takes only 30 minutes. These brownies come together super quickly and easily. They are healthy enough for every day, but rich enough for special occasions!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These sweet potato brownies are rich and decadent.
- The mashed sweet potatoes give them a super fudgy texture.
- They are quick and easy to make.
- There are only 5 healthy ingredients. These 3 Ingredient Brownies are easy too!
- Only one mixing bowl is required.
- They are great for many diets and lifestyles.
- Even picky eaters love them!
- This recipe is Paleo, grain free, gluten free, dairy free, egg free, vegan, and refined sugar free.
- Check out these Avocado Brownies for another healthy dessert!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions. Scroll down to the recipe card for the full ingredients list and instructions.
First, use cooked mashed sweet potatoes. To do this, roast them, microwave them, or boil them. If boiling, then blot out any excess water.
Both creamy all-natural almond butter and all-natural peanut butter work well. For nut free, use sunflower butter.
Cocoa powder adds a rich chocolate flavor. Use regular or dark cocoa powder.
Pure maple syrup adds sweetness. Replace with date syrup or honey if needed.
Lastly, add in dark chocolate chips. Regular chocolate chips work well too.
Taste & Texture
These sweet potato brownies are rich and super fudgy. They are gooey! They are more soft and less chewy than traditional brownies.
These brownies have a rich flavor. They are chocolaty. The sweet potato flavor is not very detectable. Instead, it adds a subtle sweetness.
How to Make
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, add the mashed sweet potatoes, almond butter, cocoa powder, and maple syrup. Stir until combined.
Then, fold in the dark chocolate chips.
Transfer the batter to the lined pan. Smooth into an even layer.
Bake for 18 to 21 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with only moist crumbs.
Lastly, remove the pan from the oven. Allow the brownies to cool before slicing and serving.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Follow these tips and tricks to make the best sweet potato brownies.
Cook the potatoes until they are fork tender and easily mashed.
These brownies are very soft and fudgy.
Allow them to fully cool before slicing.
How to Serve & Store
Serve these healthy sweet potato brownies once cooled.
I love a warm brownie with ice cream! Add a drizzle of melted chocolate or almond butter on top for the ultimate treat.
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
To extend shelf life, store in the fridge for up to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! These sweet potato brownies are delicious.
No, these brownies have a subtle sweetness and rich chocolate flavor.
Cook the sweet potatoes in the oven, microwave, or on the stovetop.
Store them in an airtight container or in the fridge.
Pre-Cut Parchment Paper Sheets: These parchment paper sheets are great for baking.
Pyrex 3 Glass Mixing Bowls: I always use these mixing bowls when baking!
Check out all of my kitchen favorites!
You May Also Like
If you make this sweet potato brownie recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Join my exclusive Facebook Group for a behind the scenes look. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Dessert Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Sweet Potato Brownies
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the mashed sweet potatoes, almond butter, cocoa powder, and maple syrup. Stir until combined.
- Then, fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the lined pan. Smooth into an even layer.
- Bake for 18 to 21 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with only moist crumbs.
- Finally, remove the pan from the oven. Allow the brownies to cool before slicing and serving.
- Use cooked mashed sweet potatoes. You can roast them in the oven, microwave them, or boil the potatoes. Then, mash with a fork or potato masher.
- If you boil the potatoes, be sure to remove any excess water.
- If needed, replace the almond butter with creamy all-natural peanut butter.
- These brownies are soft and gooey. Allow them to cool before slicing into.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Check out all of my kitchen favorites!
Love these easy sweet potato brownies? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!