Easy Air Fryer Sausage Links
These easy Air Fryer Sausage Links are incredibly quick, crispy and flavorful! A healthy breakfast has never been so easy. The air fryer makes these sausage links crunchy, crispy and hearty!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Once you make sausage in the air fryer, you’ll never go back to oven or stovetop. Here is why:
- The air fryer does all of the work.
- Air fryer sausage is extra crispy.
- No oil or deep frying is necessary.
- This method is significantly easier and healthier than traditional frying.
- These air fried sausage links are great for breakfast, a quick snack, or healthy meal prep.
- They are great as leftovers.
- These are made without breading, breadcrumbs or casing.
- They are Whole30 friendly, Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Keto, Low Carb, and Sugar Free.
First, preheat air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
Arrange sausage links on air fryer basket or baking sheet in one layer.
Air fry sausage for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
Finally, remove from air fryer and serve.
Clean air fryer before use. I use the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer and highly recommend this model!
Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage has reached 160 degrees Fahrenheit internally. Continue cooking to desired level of crispiness.
If cooking thicker Italian sausages, repeat same recipe process but cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
If using an air fryer baking sheet (not basket), flip sausages halfway through air frying.
Serve with peppers and onions or eggs for a complete meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can cook sausages in the air fryer. It is very simple to do so!
Preheat air fryer. Then, arrange sausage in air fryer basket. Fry until cooked through.
The length of cooking depends on the size and thickness of the sausages. For smaller breakfast links, about 8 to 10 minutes is ideal. For thick Italian sausage, about 15 to 20 minutes is needed.
Yes, you can cook frozen sausages in the air fryer. Follow the exact same recipe as written here, but add 3 to 4 more minutes of cooking time for breakfast links.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Add sausage to the air fryer and air fry for 2 to 3 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit or until warmed through.
You May Also Like
If you make this recipe, I would love to see it! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more healthy breakfast ideas, see my Breakfast Recipes page. For more Paleo options, see my Paleo Recipes page.
Get the Recipe: Easy Air Fryer Sausage Links
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange sausage links in one even layer (not touching) in air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 390 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage is cooked to your liking.
- Carefully remove from air fryer. Garnish with maple syrup if desired.
- Make sure air fryer is clean before beginning. If not, it may lead to smoking.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage has reached 160 degrees Fahrenheit internally. Continue cooking to desired level of crispiness.
- If cooking thicker Italian sausages, repeat same process but cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- If your air fryer only has a baking sheet (instead of a basket), flip sausages halfway through air frying.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!