Air Fryer Carrots (Super Easy + Healthy)
These Air Fryer Carrots are crispy on the outside and warm and tender on the inside. They are the perfect side dish for any meal! The maple tahini sauce on top is swoon worthy. Fire up your air fryer for the easiest carrots ever!
This is the recipe I make to sneak in veggies without even realizing it! These air fryer carrots are sweet, savory and SO delicious. I serve them every Christmas and they are among the first to be devoured!
Why This Recipe Works
Air fried carrots are far superior to any other carrots. Hear me out:
- Air frying carrots are crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.
- No need to roast carrots in the oven for an hour – an air fryer gets it done in half the time!
- There are only a handful of healthy ingredients necessary.
- The (optional but recommended) maple tahini sauce is crave worthy!
- These air fried carrots are just as delicious as leftovers.
First, wash and dry carrots.
Toss carrots with olive oil and spices. Once coated, place carrots in an even layer on air fryer baking sheet.
Air fry at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Then, remove from oven and flip carrots. Return to air fryer for an additional 10 minutes.
Remove from air fryer.
To make the maple tahini sauce, stir together maple syrup and tahini.
Drizzle sauce over carrots and garnish with rosemary if desired. Serve!
Maple Tahini Sauce
The Maple Tahini sauce is easy, versatile and delicious. It is made with only maple syrup and tahini, but it’s packed with flavor. This creamy sauce complements the crispy air fryer carrots so well! I also love using this as a dressing for salads!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make my food crispy in an air fryer?
Air fryers are powerful appliances. Tossing food with a little bit of cooking fat before air frying will make it crispy. Olive oil, butter or coconut oil are the best cooking fats for air frying.
Do air fryers make food crispy?
Yes, air fryers make food crispy.
Should I use orange carrots or rainbow carrots?
Up to you! I love rainbow carrots so that’s what I used, but regular orange carrots work well too.
What is tahini?
Tahini is ground up sesame seeds. It has the consistency of a runny nut butter and tastes just like sesame seeds.
Where can I find tahini at my grocery store?
Tahini is usually by the cooking oils, sauces and condiments in the grocery store.
What should I serve carrots with?
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Air Fryer Carrots
Air Fryer Carrots
- Air fryer
- First, wash and pat dry carrots.
- In a large bowl, toss carrots with olive oil, sea salt, ground pepper and garlic powder.
- Once coated, spread carrots in a single layer on air fryer baking sheet. No need for parchment paper.
- Air fry at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Then, carefully remove baking sheet and flip carrots over. Return to air fryer for another 10 minutes.
- Once carrots are tender, remove from air fryer.
- Next, make the maple tahini sauce (optional). Combine tahini and maple syrup and stir thoroughly.
- Pour the maple tahini sauce over warm carrots. Garnish with rosemary if desired.
- Finally, serve.
- After washing, thoroughly pat dry carrots.
- Toss with spices. Use more or less seasonings to suit your taste.
- Carrots are done cooking when they are soft and tender.
- I have a very powerful air fryer, so you might need to add more cooking time to achieve the desired consistency.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!