Air Fryer Carrots (Super Easy + Healthy)
These air fryer carrots are crispy on the outside and warm and tender on the inside. They are the perfect side dish for any meal! The maple tahini sauce on top is swoon worthy. Fire up your air fryer for the easiest air fryer roasted carrots ever!
This is the recipe I make to sneak in veggies without even realizing it! These air fryer carrots are sweet, savory and so delicious. I serve them every Christmas and Easter and they are among the first to be devoured!
Why This Recipe Works
Air fried carrots are far superior to any other carrots. Hear me out:
- Air frying carrots are crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.
- No need to roast carrots in the oven for an hour – an air fryer gets it done in half the time!
- There are only a handful of healthy ingredients necessary.
- The (optional but recommended) maple tahini sauce is crave worthy!
- This is a quick and easy healthy side dish.
- Add some broccoli or potatoes for an even better side dish.
- These air fried carrots are just as delicious as leftovers.
- Serve alongside Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus for the best air fryer veggies!
- This recipe is Paleo, gluten free, dairy free, and Vegan. For Whole30, leave off the maple tahini sauce.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Large rainbow carrots are packed with both color and flavor, but any carrots work. For baby carrots or chopped carrots, cut down frying time to 10 minutes, flipping halfway. For sliced carrots or carrot chips, fry only 10 minutes as well.
The sea salt, pepper and garlic powder add a touch of flavor without being overbearing. Feel free to add a touch of cinnamon for a sweeter flavor.
The maple tahini sauce is entirely optional, but really delicious! It is made with only maple syrup and tahini. Honey can be used in place of maple syrup if desired.
First, wash and dry carrots.
Toss carrots with olive oil and spices. Once coated, place carrots in an even layer on air fryer baking sheet.
Air fry at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Then, remove from air fryer and flip carrots. Return to air fryer for an additional 10 minutes.
Remove from air fryer.
To make the maple tahini sauce, stir together maple syrup and tahini.
Drizzle sauce over carrots and garnish with rosemary if desired. Serve!
Maple Tahini Sauce
The Maple Tahini sauce is easy, versatile and delicious. It is made with only maple syrup and tahini, but it’s packed with flavor. This creamy sauce complements the crispy air fryer carrots so well! I also love using this as a dressing for salads!
Feel free to use honey in place of maple syrup if needed. It adds a nice touch of sweetness to these caramelized roast carrots in the air fryer!
Expert Tips & Tricks
These air fryer carrots are the best carrots!
Flip after 15 minutes of frying time. This allows both sides of the carrots to get crispy.
If possible, use the same sized carrots for even cooking.
Since all air fryers are slightly different, test carrots with a fork. If they are fork tender, then they are done. If still firm, continue frying until fork tender.
To make this recipe with baby carrots, follow the same instructions but only air fry for 10 minutes. Flip carrots halfway through.
Frequently Asked Questions
Air fryers are powerful appliances. Tossing food with a little bit of cooking fat before air frying will make it crispy. Olive oil, butter or coconut oil are the best cooking fats for air frying.
Yes, air fryers make food crispy.
Up to you! I love rainbow carrots so that’s what I used, but regular orange carrots work well too.
Tahini is ground up sesame seeds. It has the consistency of a runny nut butter and tastes just like sesame seeds
Tahini is usually by the cooking oils, sauces and condiments in the grocery store.
Carrots, broccoli, asparagus, and potatoes all cook well in an air fryer.
I use the air fryer setting on my air fryer. This gets the carrots crispy!
Sure! Feel free to add potatoes or broccoli. Broccoli usually only takes about 10 minutes, so add it to the air fryer baking sheet after you’ve flipped the carrots.
Yes, frozen veggies are great in the air fryer.
Peeling the carrots is optional. I love the added texture of the skin, but they can be peeled as well.
How to Serve & Store
These carrots are a great side dish for many dinners! Serve with Whole30 Whole Roasted Chicken, AIP Pork Chops, or Whole30 Steak with Gravy.
Serve hot from the air fryer for best results.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To reheat, microwave for 30 to 40 seconds or place back in air fryer for 3 to 4 minutes or until warmed.
You May Also Like
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see it! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I’d love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Side Dish Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Air Fryer Carrots
Air Fryer Carrots
- 1 pound carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- rosemary, optional garnish
Maple Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Air fryer
- First, wash and pat dry carrots.
- In a large bowl, toss carrots with olive oil, sea salt, ground pepper and garlic powder.
- Once coated, spread carrots in a single layer on air fryer baking sheet. No need for parchment paper.
- Air fry at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Then, carefully remove baking sheet and flip carrots over. Return to air fryer for another 10 minutes.
- Once carrots are tender, remove from air fryer.
- Next, make the maple tahini sauce (optional). Combine tahini and maple syrup and stir thoroughly.
- Pour the maple tahini sauce over warm carrots. Garnish with rosemary if desired.
- Finally, serve.
- After washing, thoroughly pat dry carrots.
- Toss with spices. Use more or less seasonings to suit your taste.
- Carrots are done cooking when they are soft and tender.
- I have a very powerful air fryer, so you might need to add more cooking time to achieve the desired consistency.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!
27 Comments on “Air Fryer Carrots (Super Easy + Healthy)”
I used baby rainbow carrots for this and holy cow, they’re delicious!! So easy delicious, and will absolutely be making them again.
I am so glad to hear that, Melissa! Thank you for the kind feedback.
Do you peel them?
I do not! If you prefer, feel free to peel them.
These look yummy! Now I really need to get an air fryer . I love carrots, so I will definitely give this recipe a try. Thank you so much for the recipe!
Yum! I love carrots. That maple tahini sauce sounds really great. Giving this a try soon.
Perfect air fryer carrots! They were so flavorful and still had some crunch to them!