Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
These Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks are so easy, incredibly tender and flavorful! The chicken is fall off the bone delicious and the skin is crispy. These drumsticks are great for an easy appetizer or start to a great dinner!
These air fried chicken drumsticks are great for game day, hosting and entertaining!
Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
Chicken drumsticks have never been so tender and flavorful. Here is why I love this air fryer version:
- These air fryer chicken drumsticks are made with only a few healthy ingredients.
- These drumsticks have crispy skin and tender meat.
- They cook significantly faster in an air fryer than in an oven or on the grill.
- Pair your favorite sauce with them!
First, preheat air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
Next, pat chicken drumsticks dry with paper towel. Toss with olive oil, sea salt and pepper.
Air fry drumsticks for 15 minutes. Remove from air fryer and flip chicken. Air fry another 10 minutes or until internal temperature has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Remove chicken drumsticks from air fryer.
Toss with favorite sauce. Finally, serve!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long do drumsticks take in the air fryer?
These air fryer chicken drumsticks take about 25 minutes in the air fryer. Depending on the size of the drumsticks and the strength of the air fryer, this could take slightly less or more time. Keep an eye on the chicken to prevent burning.
Can you put raw chicken in an air fryer?
Yes! The chicken goes into the air fryer raw.
Do you have to flip chicken in the air fryer?
I highly suggest flipping this air fryer chicken. Since air fryers are so powerful, it is important to evenly cook all sides of the chicken. In addition, this helps prevent burning.
Do I need to cover chicken drumsticks while air frying?
It is not necessary to cover drumsticks with aluminum foil while air frying. Keep an eye on chicken to prevent burning.
How do I store leftovers?
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
How do I reheat?
Reheat leftovers in an oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 7 to 8 minutes or until heated through. To reheat in an air fryer, fry at 300 degrees for 5 to 6 minutes.
What sauce did you use?
I used Captain Mowatt’s Canceaux sauce for this recipe! This sauce is a little sweet and a little spicy. It worked perfectly with these drumsticks!
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- First, preheat air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pat chicken drumsticks dry with paper towels. Add drumsticks to a large bowl.
- Pour olive oil, sea salt and pepper over chicken. Toss to combine.
- Once chicken is coated, place chicken on air fryer sheet.
- Air fry for 15 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, remove from air fryer and flip chicken over. Then, return to air fryer for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from air fryer.
- Check to make sure chicken is at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit internally.
- Add chicken and sauce of choice to a bowl. Toss to combine. Serve!
- Air fry time may vary depending on size of chicken and strength of air fryer.
- Chicken is cooked when it has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a meat thermometer to check this.
- Toss chicken with sauce of choice or dip into sauce.
- Store air fryer chicken drumsticks in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Nutritional information does not include sauce.
- I used Captain Mowatt’s Canceaux sauce on my chicken!
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!