WHOLE30 CHICKEN WINGS
These Whole30 Chicken Wings are the perfect entertainment appetizer or snack! The wings are super easy to prepare and always a huge hit. Bake or air fry these chicken wings – either way, they’re crispy, savory and hearty! Lastly, they can be with Buffalo or BBQ sauce.
CHICKEN WINGS: The most important ingredient is chicken wings! Skin on and bone in chicken wings are incredibly tender and flavorful, however they do take slightly longer to cook than their skinless boneless counterpart.
BBQ SAUCE: BBQ sauce is the perfect sauce for the Whole30 Chicken Wings because it’s savory, sweet and flavorful. If desired, replace BBQ sauce with an equal amount of Buffalo sauce. For Whole30, use a sugar free sauce.
SALT & PEPPER: Just a pinch of salt and pepper is needed to season these wings!
ARE CHICKEN WINGS WHOLE30 COMPLIANT?
Yes, chicken wings are Whole30 compliant and approved. Chicken (and all meat) is Whole30 compliant and therefore allowed while completing a round of Whole30. They are fun for entertaining, game days, or a quick and easy appetizer. Lastly, pair chicken wings with a Whole30 sauce or dressing.
CAN CHICKEN WINGS BE HEALTHY?
Yes, chicken wings can be healthy. They are naturally very high in protein and healthy fats. In addition, these Whole30 Chicken Wings are completely sugar free.
HOW TO MAKE WHOLE30 CHICKEN WINGS
First, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Then, spray wire rack with olive oil spray.
Next, pat chicken wings dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Place chicken wings on wire rack.
After that, bake for 20 minutes. Then, flip wings and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
Once chicken is cooked through, remove from oven and place in a large bowl. Finally, add BBQ sauce to bowl and toss to coat. Serve with Whole30 Ranch if desired.
HOW TO AIR FRY CHICKEN WINGS
To air fry chicken wings, repeat the same steps as above. Check wings for doneness around the 40 minute mark and cook for additional time if needed. Depending on the size, chicken wings usually take between 45 minutes and 1 hour in an air fryer.
Get the Recipe: Whole30 Chicken Wings
- First, preheat oven or air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then, place a wire rack on top of baking sheet and spray with olive oil.
- Pat chicken wings dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Then, place wings on wire rack.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then flip and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Check chicken for doneness; chicken is cooked through when its internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once cooked, remove chicken from oven and place in a large bowl. Finally, add BBQ sauce to the bowl and toss until combined.
- Garnish with chopped green onions if desired.