Easy Air Fryer Bratwurst (Brats) – Keto
This Air Fryer Bratwurst is such a quick and easy meal! These gluten free Brats are crispy, hearty, savory and so flavorful. Served over peppers and onions, they are healthy and delicious. Weeknight dinners and meal prep have never been so easy!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These air fryer Brats take only 15 minutes from start to finish.
- No cooking oil needed!
- This recipe is great as leftovers and meal prep.
- Unlike most Bratwurst recipes, this version is made without sugar, without beer and without nitrates.
- The air fryer does all the hard work. No grill needed!
- Since the air fryer is so powerful, these Brats can be made without splitting them down the middle. They are crispy and delicious!
- Any colored peppers will work.
- This recipe is Whole30 approved, Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free, Low Carb and Keto.
What is Bratwurst?
Bratwurst is a type of German sausage. Usually, they are grilled, sautéed, baked or simmered in beer. Additionally, they can also be smoked.
Bratwurst tastes like sausage and hot dogs. Their taste largely depends on spices used when cooking and cooking method. These air fryer Brats with peppers and onions are hearty, savory and fresh. In this case, they are crispy and robust.
The difference between Bratwurst and sausage is that Bratwurst is a specific type of sausage. They are typically seasoned with nutmeg, ginger and sage. Moreover, sausage is any type of meat that is enclosed in a casing.
How To Make
First, preheat air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place chopped peppers and onions into air fryer basket. Then, place Bratwurst on top.
Once preheated, add air fryer basket to air fryer. Air fry for 10 minutes.
Finally, carefully remove from air fryer. Serve Air Fryer Bratwurst!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Most Bratwurst contain added sugars or preservatives. This Bratwurst is completely Whole30 approved.
Bratwurst are done cooking when their internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Depending on the type of air fryer used, this could take as long as 15 minutes.
Sure! To make this with frozen Brats, add frozen Brats to the air fryer basket without the peppers and onions. Air fry at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes. Then, add in peppers and onions and air fry for another 10 minutes.
Yes, this can be made without peppers and onions. Feel free to use just Bratwurst or add in other veggies or potatoes.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Bratwurst have bold savory flavors. Serve with roasted veggies, mashed potatoes, mashed cauliflower, or a side salad.
You May Also Like
If you make this recipe, I would love to see it! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! In addition, see Whole30 Recipes page for more ideas.
Get the Recipe: Easy Air Fryer Bratwurst (Brats) – Keto
- 4 Bratwurst
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 orange pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Air fryer
- First, preheat air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place chopped peppers and onions into air fryer basket. Place Bratwurst on top.
- Once preheated, add air fryer basket to air fryer.
- Air fry for 10 minutes.
- Then, carefully remove from air fryer. Serve!
- Peppers and onions can be sliced to desired thickness and shape. The smaller, the more crispy they will get.
- Any Bratwurst will do. I used Teton Waters Ranch Bratwurst since they are Whole30 approved, Keto and Sugar Free.
- Any colored peppers will work.
- No cooking oil or nonstick spray is needed when using an air fryer basket.
- If using an air fryer sheet instead of basket, lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- All air fryers are different. I use the Ninja Foodi Grill Air Fryer which is very strong. Adjust cooking times until Bratwurst reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Love super easy recipes? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!
12 Comments on “Easy Air Fryer Bratwurst (Brats) – Keto”
What a great idea to add peppers and onion. So delicious!
That wurst looks amazing. Perfectly baked. I’m going to give its recipe a try today.
The best and simplest recipe to cook bratwurst for sure
I love that this recipe only takes 15 minutes to make! Definitely trying bratwurst in my air fryer this week.
Great recipe thanks.
So easy….I’ll definitely make this tasty recipe again.
Yum! These bratwurst are amazing! Perfect for when you want an easy dinner!
I loved using my air fryer for this. Super easy and simple, thank you.
What a super quick dinner!! It’s great for those busy weeknights and so very delicious.
love your version of this recipe!
Such a Great way to cook Brats that I’d never thought about!
Super easy! I am going to add this to my weeknight rotation!