Whole30 Chicken Salad
This Whole30 Chicken Salad is creamy, crunchy, and way better than any chicken salad you’ve ever had! The grapes add a little sweetness, the pecans add the crunch factor, and the chicken adds the heartiness. You will be making this again and again!
This Whole30 Chicken Salad has become my go to lunch. It is incredibly easy, and so good every single time. I make it for my Whole30 meal prep weekly, even when I’m not doing Whole30.
Why This Recipe Works
This chicken salad is foolproof. Here is why I rave about it:
- You cannot beat a recipe that comes together in 10 minutes!
- This chicken salad has so many great flavors and textures.
- It’s great for a Whole30 meal prep at the beginning of the week.
- It’s made with pantry ingredients.
First, add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
Toss to combine, until everything is coated in Whole30 mayonnaise.
Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long does homemade chicken salad last?
This Whole30 chicken salad will last up to 3 days in the fridge. Store in an airtight container for best results.
Can I substitute for the mayonnaise?
Yes and no. The mayonnaise is a crucial ingredient. Mashed up avocado would work well in place of mayonnaise. For a non Whole30 option, dairy free plain yogurt works too.
What cut of chicken should I use?
Chicken breasts or chicken thighs both work well. Either way, shred chicken into bite sized pieces.
What if I don’t like pecans?
Feel free to use almonds or walnuts. Pecans can be left out altogether but they do add a nice crunch factor!
What mayonnaise is Whole30 approved?
I love Primal Kitchen Foods for a Whole30 compliant mayo.
Whole30 Meal Prep
Meal prep is a key to success when doing Whole30. Here are my favorite Whole30 recipes that reheat well, store well, and make several servings:
- Paleo Taco Skillet (Whole30)
- Whole30 Asian Meatloaf
- Pressure Cooker Whole Chicken
- Whole30 Sweet Potato Chili
- Vegan Harvest Rice
See my Ultimate Guide to Whole30 for rules, ideas, tips and tricks!
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Whole30 Chicken Salad
- First, add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate leftovers.
- Use shredded chicken (or finely cubed chicken) for best results.
- Toss chicken salad until everything is coated in Whole30 mayonnaise.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!