Whole30 Sweet Potato Chili
This Whole30 Sweet Potato Chili is a one skillet, 30 minute meal. It doesn’t get any easier or better than this! Chili is the perfect comfort food meal. It’s easy, healthy and delicious! In addition, this chili is Whole30 approved!
Ingredients for Whole30 Sweet Potato Chili
This Whole30 Sweet Potato Chili is made with wholesome ingredients. It is packed with spicy and hearty flavors.
- Ground beef
- Olive oil
- Sweet potato, cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
- White onion, diced
- Red pepper, chopped
- Marinara sauce
- Chicken broth
- Diced tomatoes
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Jalapeños, to garnish
- Avocado, to garnish
Check out this No Bean Chili for another great idea!
How to Make Whole30 Sweet Potato Chili
First, add ground beef to a large skillet over medium heat. Use a spatula to break up the meat. Cook until brown and crumbly.
Then, discard excess grease from pan. Using a slotted spoon, remove meat from pan and set meat aside.
In the same skillet, add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Next, bring mixture to a boil and boil for 10 minutes. Lower heat to a low simmer and add meat back in.
Then, simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
Finally, ladle chili into bowls and garnish with jalapeños and avocado if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use ground turkey or ground chicken?
Yes, ground turkey or ground chicken can replace the groud beef.
Can I use white potatoes instead of sweet potatoes?
Sure! I suggest using sweet potatoes because they add a subtle sweet flavor, but regular potatoes are fine.
How should I store leftovers?
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. To reheat, microwave chili or add chili to a skillet with a little bit of broth. Cook over low heat until warmed.
Expert Tips for the Best Whole30 Sweet Potato Chili
- Use high quality ground beef. This really makes a difference in the overall flavor of the chili.
- Cook chili until sweet potatoes have softened.
- Don’t go light on the seasonings and spices. They really bring this chili to life!
You May Also Like:
Get the Recipe: Whole30 Sweet Potato Chili
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- jalapeños, to garnish
- avocado, to garnish
- First, add ground beef to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until browned and crumbly.
- Then, discard excess grease from pan. Use a slotted spoon to remove meat from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add all other ingredients (except garnishes). Stir. Bring to a light boil and boil for 10 minutes.
- Next, lower heat to a simmer and add meat back in.
- Then, simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, ladle chili into bowls and garnish with jalapeños and avocado if desired.