Whole30 Vegan Harvest Rice
This Whole30 Vegan Harvest Rice has so many great flavors and textures! It is both sweet and savory, creamy and crunchy. This Whole30 cauliflower rice side dish is easy to prepare and great for easy meals or healthy meal prep!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This harvest rice is totally customizable! Add in your favorite veggies or seeds and nuts for a completely new flavor combination.
- This recipe is a great way to elevate cauliflower rice.
- There are varying flavors and textures.
- This “rice” is made without a rice cooker!
- In addition, this rice is made without soaking and without soy sauce.
- This is a great holiday and Thanksgiving dish! I love making it in the fall.
- This recipe is Whole30 approved, Paleo, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Keto friendly, Sugar Free and Vegan.
BRUSSELS SPROUTS & SWEET POTATO: The Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes are crispy on the outside, tender in the middle and provide the hearty flavor.
OCTONUTS ALMOND OIL & BALSAMIC VINEGAR: This simple combo adds a ton of flavor to the overall dish. Feel free to substitute olive oil for the Almond Oil.
CAULIFLOWER RICE: Pre-riced cauliflower makes this super easy. If cooking from frozen, cook cauliflower rice through completely. (See steps below)
DRIED CRANBERRIES: The dried cranberries adds a hint of sweetness, but use sugar free for Whole30.
PECANS: The crunchy factor! Additionally, pecans are a healthy fat.
How To Cook Frozen Cauliflower Rice on the Stove
This is how to cook frozen cauliflower rice on the stove.
First, add frozen cauliflower rice to a large skillet over medium heat with cooking fat.
Use a spatula to break apart cauliflower rice. As it cooks, it will thaw.
Then, continue cooking and breaking up with spatula. Cook until warmed through.
Optional but recommended: continue cooking and adding oil as needed to achieve slightly crispy rice.
Finally, remove from heat and drain any excess liquid from pan.
First, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Then, toss Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes with almond oil and balsamic vinegar. Next, roast for 30 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the cauliflower rice in a skillet with the remainder of the almond oil until heated through.
Finally, add all ingredients to a large dish and serve!
Frequently Asked Questions
No, rice is not Whole30 compliant. Rice is considered a grain or cereal grain, and Whole30 is grain free.
Cauliflower rice, namely this fall harvest rice recipe, is a great rice alternative. In addition to being Whole30 approved, it is grain free, low carb, and Paleo.
Yes, cauliflower rice is allowed on Whole30.
Rice is not allowed on Whole30 because it is a grain, and Whole30 is grain free.
No, quinoa is not Whole30 approved.
No, couscous is made from ground wheat and is not allowed on Whole30.
What to Serve with Whole30 Cauliflower Rice
This Whole30 Vegan Harvest Rice goes well with any protein. Serve with some roasted chicken or pulled pork. Additionally, enjoy for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Whole30 cauliflower fried rice is a great option too!
You May Also Like
If you make this recipe, I would love to see it! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! See my Ultimate Guide to Whole30 and Whole30 Recipes page for more great Whole30 ideas.
Get the Recipe: Whole30 Vegan Harvest Rice
- First, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next, add Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes to a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp of the almond oil with balsamic vinegar and then pour this mixture over veggies. Next, toss together until veggies are completely covered in oil.
- After, spread out in one even layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes. Once crispy and fork tender, remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, add cauliflower rice and the remaining 1 tbsp almond oil to a skillet. Then, cook for 3-4 minutes, until warmed through.
- Next, add cauliflower rice to a large mixing bowl. Top with cooked Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes. Finally, add dried cranberries and pecans and toss together.
- Once thoroughly combined, pour everything into a casserole dish or preferred dish and serve!
- Roast veggies until soft and tender on the inside and crispy outside.
- If cooking cauliflower rice from frozen, cook until heated through. See section above for detailed instructions.
- Check all ingredient labels for Whole30.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!