Best Whole30 Chia Pudding
This is the best Whole30 Chia Pudding! This simple and easy recipe is great for a Whole30 breakfast without eggs. In addition, this chia pudding is loaded with nutrients and health benefits. It is incredibly easy and totally customizable!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This Whole30 chia pudding is a great Whole30 breakfast without eggs.
- It is loaded with healthy protein, high in antioxidants, and high in fiber.
- Depending on the fruit used, this chia pudding can be customized. Use your favorite fruit to change up the flavor.
- Top with nuts, seeds, or coconut flakes for some added crunch and texture.
- Additionally, stir in some homemade almond butter or cashew butter if desired.
- This is a great Whole30 Vegan breakfast recipe.
- My other favorite overnight breakfast is this Overnight Oats with Frozen Fruit (not Whole30 but so delicious!).
- It is made without maple syrup, without sugar, and without sweetener.
- This recipe is Whole30 compliant, Paleo, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, and Sugar Free.
- Read about Gluten Free Pudding!
Chia Seeds & Their Health Benefits
Chia seeds are an edible seed which are oval and gray. They have white and black spots. Chia seeds can absorb more than 10 times their weight in liquid when soaked.
Chia seeds have a ton of health benefits! In addition to being high in protein, they are filled with fiber and antioxidants. Since they contain so much healthy protein, they are filling and satisfying.
They are also high in omega 3 fatty acids. Chia seeds are great for bone health since they contain calcium, magnesium and phosphorus.
How To Make
First, add all ingredients to a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
Pour into 3 jars.
Then, refrigerate for at least 4 hours, up to overnight.
Finally, remove from fridge and enjoy!
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use a ripe mashed banana to add natural sweetness and flavor. If desired, use another mashed berry. Blueberry, raspberry, strawberries and blackberries all work well.
I have found that some chia seeds work better than others. I use and suggest Better Body Foods, which I buy from Amazon.
This recipe must be made with canned coconut milk. Almond milk or cashew milk will not thicken. In addition, this will yield a very runny chia seed pudding.
The longer this chia pudding refrigerates, the better!
Whole30 Breakfast Without Eggs
Most Whole30 breakfast recipes include eggs. While this is great, sometimes egg free breakfasts are needed!
While this chia pudding is Whole30 compliant, a well rounded meal needs more protein and ideally a vegetable. I suggest making some Air Fryer Sausage Links or bacon to go along with this pudding.
In addition, pair this with some roasted veggies for a complete Whole30 meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
This chia pudding is Whole30 compliant. Use a Whole30 approved milk and no sweeteners to ensure Whole30 approval.
No, regular pudding is not allowed on Whole30.
This recipe only works with canned coconut milk. This is usually sold in the Asian aisle at grocery stores.
Whole30 toppings include nuts and seeds, nut butters, unsweetened coconut flakes, and fruit.
Yes, chia seeds are gluten free.
Chia seeds contain a high amount of carbs, but they are also high in fiber. In small amounts, they can be suitable for Keto.
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Best Whole30 Chia Pudding
- First, add all ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Then, pour into 3 jars or containers.
- Place in fridge for at least 4 hours, up to overnight.
- Finally, remove from fridge and enjoy!
- Without the banana, this chia pudding is very neutral tasting.
- I highly suggest adding the banana or another fruit to flavor this pudding.
- I recommend Better Body Foods chia seeds. The Trader Joe’s ones do not seem to work as well for this recipe.
- Canned coconut milk is a MUST. Do not use regular almond milk or light coconut milk.
- Canned coconut milk is usually sold in the Asian aisle of most grocery stores.
- The longer this chia pudding refrigerates, the more creamy and smooth it will be!
Love easy, healthy and delicious recipes? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!