Sugar Free Jelly with Raspberries and Chia Seeds
This Sugar Free Jelly is super quick and easy – and it’s way better than any store bought jelly. This Vegan jelly is made with only 4 healthy ingredients and is great for any meal of the day!
The only lunch I ate as a child was a classic PB&J. Red raspberry jelly was my absolute favorite. This sugar free jelly is just as sweet and delicious! I especially love it in my Almond Flour Thumbprint Cookies!
Why This Recipe Works
As a peanut butter and jelly connoisseur, I can assure you this is the real deal. This is why:
- This sugar free jelly is spreadable.
- It’s made with only 4 healthy ingredients.
- This jelly is bursting with fresh raspberry flavor!
- The flavor pairs perfectly with peanut butter, cashew butter, or almond butter.
- It’s much more fresh than store bought jelly.
To make this sugar free jelly, add all ingredients to a skillet over medium heat.
Gently stir together and bring mixture to a light boil. Stir every 30 seconds to prevent burning.
Then, turn down to a light simmer. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Remove from heat. Pour jelly into jars.
Finally, once completely cooled, seal jars and refrigerate.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is this Vegan jelly?
Yes, this sugar free jelly is also Vegan! See my Vegan Recipes page for more Vegan recipes.
How long does this last in the fridge?
This raspberry jelly recipe lasts about 7 days in the fridge. A little natural separation will occur. Stir before using.
Can I use frozen raspberries for this sugar free jelly?
Yes, frozen raspberries can be used in this raspberry jelly recipe! Thaw raspberries and then squeeze out ALL excess water before adding to the skilet.
How can I thicken Vegan jelly without pectin?
This jelly is thickened with chia seeds. Chia seeds expand when placed in liquid. In addition, they help bind this jelly together.
- Continue stirring this Vegan jelly while cooking! If left alone, the maple syrup can burn.
- Use a high quality pure maple syrup for best results.
- Seal jars once raspberry jelly is completed cooled.
- Stir before using.
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Sugar Free Jelly with Raspberries and Chia Seeds
- First, add all ingredients to a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir ingredients together and bring to a light boil. Stir every 30 seconds or so to prevent burning.
- Turn heat down to a light simmer. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until jelly has thickened. Mash raspberries with a spoon if they're still intact.
- Then, remove from heat and pour jelly into jars.
- Once cooled completely, seal jars. Store in fridge.
- If using frozen berries, thaw completely. Then, squeeze out all excess water before cooking.
- Keep a close eye on the skillet while cooking to prevent burning. Stir every 30 seconds or so.
- Mash berries with a spoon or fork for a thinner jelly.
- Wait until jelly is completely cooled before sealing jars.
- Store in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Jelly can be frozen for up to 2 months.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!