Vegan Salted Caramel Without Corn Syrup
This Vegan salted caramel is so smooth, creamy, and perfectly sweet. It is truly super easy, the best caramel sauce, and versatile. Pour this peanut butter caramel on top of ice cream, brownies, popcorn, or eat by the spoonful. You will be left wanting more!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This Vegan salted caramel has that signature sticky sweet flavor and texture!
- It is super easy to make. It takes less than 10 minutes from start to finish.
- The dark amber color is stunning in person!
- This peanut butter caramel sauce is considerably more healthy than store bought.
- It is made without corn syrup, without cream or milk, without heavy cream, without dairy, without brown sugar, and without butter.
- The sea salt makes this caramel crave worthy!
- This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Vegan.
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for Vegan salted caramel sauce. Scroll down to the recipe card for the full recipe.
Maple syrup is naturally Vegan and sweet. This helps make the caramel sauce creamy and sweet. If needed, substitute date syrup.
Creamy peanut butter adds the best flavor! Use peanut butter made from only peanuts and salt. Any added sugars or oils will yield a very thick caramel.
A pinch of sea salt makes all the difference.
Vanilla extract adds a great flavor.
How To Make
First, add all ingredients to a skillet over low medium heat.
Whisk continuously for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
Once caramel reaches desired consistency, remove from heat.
Carefully Vegan salted caramel pour into a jar. Once caramel sauce has cooled, add lid to jar and store.
Expert Tips & Tricks
For a super smooth Vegan salted caramel, use creamy peanut butter made from only peanuts. Super thick peanut butters made with added oils and sugars will not turn out well. In addition, crunchy peanut butter will yield a crunchy sauce.
Continuously whisk caramel sauce to prevent burning.
Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. It will thicken up as it cooks. Additionally, this Vegan caramel will thicken up as it cools.
Pour into jar as caramel cools. Only place a lid on top once the caramel has completely cooled to room temperature.
Store at room temperature for best results. If you want to refrigerate it, it will thicken up. Thaw before use!
What to Drizzle Caramel Sauce With
This Vegan salted caramel sauce is so versatile!
Add it to popcorn, on top of ice cream, or straight from the jar!
I love it smeared on top of Crinkle Top Brownies!
In addition, this caramel is the topping using in this Healthy Snickers Smoothie.
This caramel sauce is great with apples. I love it for this Caramel Apple Dip!
Store leftovers at room temperature. Or, store in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Traditional caramel sauce is not Vegan. It is typically made with cream, milk, and/or butter.
Vegan caramel sauce can be made with peanut butter and maple syrup, or with coconut milk and brown sugar.
Unfortunately, most caramel is not suitable for Vegans.
Store this Vegan caramel sauce in a jar with a lid at room temperature. If storing in the fridge, thaw before use.
Sure! Consider adding a sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg or ground ginger.
You May Also Like
If you make this peanut butter caramel recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, see my Vegan Recipes page.
Get the Recipe: Vegan Salted Caramel Without Corn Syrup
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to a skillet over low medium heat.
- Continue whisking for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is thoroughly mixed.
- Once sauce reaches desired consistency, remove from heat. This caramel will thicken the more it cooks.
- Finally, pour into a jar.
- Once sauce has cooled, place lid on jar and store.
- Use creamy peanut butter that is made with ONLY peanuts. Peanut butter with added sugars or oils will yield much different results.
- I highly recommend Teddy’s creamy peanut butter.
- If your peanut butter is salted, consider omitting the sea salt.
- Continuously whisk to prevent burning.
- Caramel sauce will thicken the longer it cooks. Turn off heat when desired consistency is reached.
- Store at room temperature.
- This sauce is delicious when stored in the fridge, but it will thicken up considerably. Allow to sit at room temperature before using.
- This recipe yields approximately 1 cup of caramel sauce.
Love this Vegan Salted Caramel sauce? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!
5 Comments on “Vegan Salted Caramel Without Corn Syrup”
This is easy and very good – definitely making again. I’m struggling to stay out of the jar of caramel, it’s delicious and I keep going back for another spoonful.
I am so happy to hear that! I love this caramel too. Totally eat it by the spoonful!
Oh my goodness, this vegan salted caramel sauce is delicious! I love putting it on ice cream.
I love caramel corn but love the idea of making a vegan version!
I such a salted caramel fan! Can’t wait to try it out!