Crispy Almond Flour Lace Cookies (Gluten Free)
These crispy almond flour lace cookies are equally stunning and delicious! They taste like a deep caramel and have a unique lacy texture. These cookies are popular around the holidays but they are great any time of the year!
Why You’ll Love These Cookies
- These cookies are truly one of a kind!
- Your family and friends will be amazed at the beauty of these crispy almond flour cookies.
- They are made with 4 main ingredients.
- These gluten free lace cookies have a strong caramel flavor.
- When paired with the dark chocolate drizzle, they have that signature chocolate and caramel flavor!
- These cookies are made without corn syrup, without oats, and without eggs.
- This recipe is Paleo, Grain Free, and Gluten Free.
What are Lace Cookies?
Lace cookies, commonly called Florentine cookies, are a crisp thin cookie made with finely chopped almonds. These cookies are very thin and flat and are known for their signature lacy texture. In addition, they are typically dipped in chocolate.
These cookies are very popular in Europe and especially Italy and France. They are common during Christmas and the holiday season.
How To Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add butter to a skillet over medium heat. Cook until melted.
Once melted, add coconut sugar and coconut milk. Once sugar has dissolved, remove from heat.
Then, whisk in almond flour to the skillet.
Once mixed, allow batter to cool for 10 minutes in skillet.
Use a teaspoon to scoop very small circles of dough onto lined sheet. Space out 6 inches from each other.
Then bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until cookies are bubbly.
Remove from oven. Allow cookies to cool on pan for 10 minutes. Then very carefully remove to a wire rack to completely cool.
Repeat for remaining batter.
Once cookies are all made and completely cooled, make chocolate glaze. Microwave chocolate chips and coconut oil in 30 second increments. Stop and stir between each increment until fully smooth.
Finally, drizzle crispy almond flour cookies with chocolate. Sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
Expert Tips & Tricks
These cookies are stunning in person! Here are some tips and tricks to make the best lace cookies.
First, melt butter completely but do not burn.
Once sugar has dissolved, remove pan from heat. Then, fully whisk in almond flour.
Allow the batter to cool for 10 minutes. This allows it to become a little more set. After the 10 minutes, if the batter appears greasy or buttery, gently whisk to combine again.
Scoop batter onto baking sheet by the teaspoonful. These cookies spread A LOT! Space out cookies on parchment sheet to allow for spreading.
Cookies are done when they are bubbly and deep brown. Once they cool on the pan, they should be able to be moved to the wire rack. VERY carefully remove to the wire rack.
Allow these almond flour crispy cookies to fully cool before handling. These cookies are very fragile!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Lace cookies are made of chopped up almonds (or almond flour), butter, granulated sugar, and either heavy cream or a dairy free alternative.
Florentine lace cookies are thin crispy cookies that are known for their lacy texture. They taste like caramel and toffee!
Yes, these cookies freeze well. I suggest placing a small piece of parchment paper between each cookie before freezing.
The topping possibilities are endless! Top with sea salt, crushed up mints, nuts or seeds.
Store these cookies in the fridge. Due to their fragile nature, they are best when chilled.
You May Also Like
If you make this recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! Check out my Dessert Recipes page for more fun cookies and treats.
Get the Recipe: Crispy Almond Flour Lace Cookies (Gluten Free)
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add butter. Cook until melted, whisking to prevent burning.
- Once butter has melted, add coconut sugar and coconut milk to the skillet.
- Once combined and sugar has dissolved, remove from heat.
- Then, add almond flour to skillet. Whisk to combine.
- Once combined, allow batter to cool for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Use a teaspoon to form VERY small circles of dough on lined baking sheet. Keep about 6 inches of space between each circle of dough because they spread!
- Then, bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Remove pan from oven. Allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes on pan before very carefully removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Repeat this process until all cookie batter is used.
- Once cookies have cooled, make chocolate glaze.
- In a microwave safe dish, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in 30 second increments. Stop between each increment to stir.
- Finally, drizzle melted chocolate over cookies. Garnish with sea salt if desired.
- Melt butter completely before adding in coconut sugar and coconut milk.
- Cookie batter will appear a little “buttery” or greasy once it has cooled for 10 minutes. If needed, quickly whisk together.
- Drop dough with a teaspoon. These cookies spread A TON!
- Space circles of dough at least 6 inches apart from each other.
- Bake until cookies are bubbly. Once they cool on the pan for 10 minutes, VERY carefully remove them to a wire rack using a metal spatula.
- Once on the wire rack, do NOT touch cookies until they are fully cooled. They are fragile.
- This is the canned coconut milk I used and love.
- Store cookies in the fridge for up to a week.
Love these crispy almond flour cookies? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!