Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
This keto buffalo chicken dip is so creamy and flavorful! It is my family favorite recipe for football games, holidays, Christmas, entertaining and family dinners. Only 25 minutes from start to finish. This low carb chicken dip is perfect for any occasion. It is super creamy, a little spicy and all around delicious!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This keto buffalo chicken dip is quick and easy.
- Everything is mixed in one bowl.
- It is creamy and spicy.
- Great way to use up leftover chicken. Try these Baked Chicken Thighs.
- Feel free to use leftover grilled chicken, shredded chicken or rotisserie chicken.
- This dish is versatile. Serve for the holidays, family dinners, football games on Sunday afternoons and entertaining with friends.
- This recipe is Keto, low carb, sugar free, gluten free and nut free.
- For a dairy free version, try this Whole30 Dairy Free Buffalo Chicken Dip.
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for keto buffalo chicken dip. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use room temperature cream cheese. Do not use cold cream cheese. If you are in a time crunch, add hot water to a bowl. Place the wrapped block of cream cheese in the hot water for 5 to 10 minutes.
Sour cream adds creaminess and flavor. If desired, replace with plain Greek yogurt.
Hot sauce adds the spicy flavor. For a more mild flavor, use less hot sauce. This dip is medium as written.
Use shredded chicken, rotisserie chicken or leftover grilled chicken. Easy ways to make chicken include Cast Iron Skillet Chicken or Sous Vide Chicken Breast.
Crumbled blue cheese adds such a great flavor. Sprinkle on top before baking.
Garnish with chopped green onions if desired. They add flavor and freshness.
Taste & Texture
This keto buffalo chicken dip is hearty, savory, spicy and flavorful. It is medium spice. This tastes like classic buffalo chicken dip.
The texture is so creamy and cheesy!
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray a 10 inch by 7 inch (or 8 by 8 inch) pan with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, sour cream and hot sauce. Mix until fully creamy and no clumps remain. If needed, mix with a hand mixer to fully combine.
Then, add in shredded chicken and 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine.
Transfer to the greased baking pan. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and blue cheese crumbles.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until cheese has melted and dip is bubbly.
Finally, top keto buffalo chicken dip with chopped green onions and more hot sauce if desired. Serve hot!
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use softened cream cheese. Do not use cold cream cheese.
If needed, add hot water to a bowl. Place cold cream cheese in the hot water. Leave it there for up to 10 minutes to help quickly soften cream cheese.
For a more mild flavor, use less hot sauce.
Bake until the cheese has melted on top. The dip should be a little bubbly along the edges.
To keep this dip warm for a long time, add it to a slow cooker. Keep it on low or warm as needed.
What to Dip In
Here is what to dip in to keto buffalo chicken dip.
Dip in chopped celery.
Carrots pair well with this dip.
Dip in bell peppers.
Use keto crackers as a vessel.
Spread on keto tortillas.
Use this dip in keto taco shells.
This pairs well with keto chips or keto tortilla chips. Try this Keto Salsa too!
Or, serve on top of keto noodles or keto pasta.
How to Serve & Store
Serve keto buffalo chicken dip hot and fresh from the oven! You may also like this Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip!
Serve with cut up vegetables or keto crackers.
This dip is hearty enough to be turned into a meal. Serve with low carb noodles or pasta.
Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To reheat, microwave or bake until warm.
This dip can be frozen for up to 1 month.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this dip is keto friendly. It is typically made with cheese, cream cheese, ranch or blue cheese and chicken.
Yes, buffalo sauce is keto friendly.
There are 3 net carbs in this dip.
Yes! Freeze for up to 1 month.
For a more mild flavor, use less hot sauce.
Yes, this recipe is gluten free as written.
This is the equipment needed for keto buffalo chicken dip.
Hand Mixer: Use a hand mixer if the cream cheese is not mixing well. This creates super smooth cream cheese.
KitchenAid Stand Mixer: Use this stand mixer to mix the cream cheese. It works well too!
Pyrex 3 Glass Mixing Bowls: These are great mixing bowls for any recipe.
Pyrex Glass Measuring Cups: My go to measuring cups.
Staub Baking Dishes: These are the dishes I use for dips and casseroles.
You May Also Like
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Keto Turkey Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Buffalo Chicken Thighs
If you make this keto buffalo chicken dip recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Join my exclusive Facebook Group for a behind the scenes look. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Dinner Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp crumbled blue cheese
- chopped green onions, to garnish
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray a 10 inch by 7 inch (or 8×8 inch) pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, sour cream and hot sauce. Mix until fully creamy and no clumps remain. If needed, mix with a hand mixer.
- Then, add in shredded chicken and 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine.
- Transfer to the sprayed baking pan. Top with remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese and blue cheese crumbles.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until cheese has melted and dip is bubbly.
- Finally, top with chopped green onions and more hot sauce if desired. Serve!
- Use softened cream cheese. It is very difficult to mix cold cream cheese.
- If needed, replace sour cream with plain Greek yogurt.
- This dip is moderately spicy. Feel free to use less hot sauce for a more mild flavor.
- Bake until dip is bubbly and the cheese has melted on top.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To reheat, microwave leftovers or bake until warm.
Love this healthy keto buffalo chicken dip? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!