Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
This healthy buffalo chicken dip is creamy, cheesy and so flavorful! Satisfy your buffalo chicken dip cravings with this low calorie, low carb recipe. Great for football games, appetizers, entertaining, and the holidays. Everyone loves this light version of a classic recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This healthy buffalo chicken dip is quick and easy.
- Everything is mixed in one bowl.
- Great way to use up leftover chicken like these Baked Chicken Thighs.
- Serve for any occasion! This dip is great for football games, holidays, birthdays, entertaining and more.
- Delicious as leftovers too.
- Satisfy your buffalo chicken cravings in a healthy and nutritious way.
- Great with chopped veggies, celery, bell peppers, chips, or by the spoonful.
- This recipe is gluten free, nut free, and added sugar free. It contains no added sugar.
- Check out this low carb Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip for another favorite appetizer!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for healthy buffalo chicken dip. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Hot sauce adds the spicy flavor. Frank’s Red Hot is a great option.
Plain Greek yogurt adds so much creaminess. This low calorie, low carb ingredient works well for this dip.
In addition, cottage cheese adds creaminess. If you do not like the texture of cottage, cheese, feel free to substitute Ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing. Alternatively, add cottage cheese to a blender. Blend until creamy.
Shredded cheddar cheese adds the cheesy flavor and texture. If needed, replace with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper add flavor. Adjust according to your taste.
Lastly, garnish with blue cheese crumbles and chopped green onions if desired.
Taste & Texture
This healthy buffalo chicken dip is a little spicy and so flavorful. It tastes like hot sauce, chicken and cheese.
This dip is so creamy. The texture is lighter than traditional buffalo chicken dip.
How to Make
First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Add hot sauce, shredded chicken, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper to a mixing bowl.
Stir to combine.
Transfer mixture to a baking dish. Top with remaining cheese.
Bake for 24 to 27 minutes or until top is melted and bubbly.
Finally, remove from oven. Garnish with extra hot sauce, blue cheese crumbles and chopped green onions. Serve healthy buffalo chicken dip!
Expert Tips & Tricks
Feel free to blend cottage cheese beforehand. This eliminates the texture of the small curds.
Or, feel free to replace cottage cheese with Ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing.
Bake healthy buffalo chicken dip until cheese has melted on top. The dip should be bubbly around the edges.
For best results, serve hot immediately.
To keep this warm for a party, add dip to a crock pot slow cooker. Keep on warm or low for up to several hours.
How to Serve & Store
Serve hot and fresh from the oven.
Serve this healthy buffalo chicken dip with veggies, crackers, or chips. It is also great by the spoonful.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
This dip can be frozen if needed.
For another spicy appetizer, make this Buffalo Shrimp!
Frequently Asked Questions
This buffalo chicken dip is made with healthier ingredients. It is not as heavy as traditional recipes.
Use shredded chicken for best results. Diced grilled chicken can be used, but shredded chicken is best texture wise.
Feel free to replace with Ranch or blue cheese. Or, blend cottage cheese before measuring and adding.
Dip in veggies, celery, bell peppers, carrots, crackers or chips.
Yes, this buffalo chicken dip is gluten free.
Pyrex 3 Glass Mixing Bowls: these glass bowls are sturdy, durable and easily cleaned.
Pyrex Glass Measuring Cups: measure with these glass cups.
Staub Baking Dishes: this buffalo chicken dip is great cooked in these dishes.
You May Also Like
- Buffalo Chicken Thighs
- Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Healthy Hamburger Helper
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
If you make this healthy buffalo chicken dip recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Join my exclusive Facebook Group for a behind the scenes look. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, see these Lunch and Dinner Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Add hot sauce, shredded chicken, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper to a mixing bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish. Top with remaining shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 24 to 27 minutes or until top is melted and bubbly.
- Finally, remove from oven. Garnish with extra hot sauce, blue cheese crumbles and chopped green onions. Serve!
- If you do not like the texture of cottage cheese, feel free to add cottage cheese to a blender or food processor. Blend until creamy.
- I recommend using small curd cottage cheese.
- Feel free to replace cheddar with shredded mozzarella if desired.
- Bake until the cheese on top has melted. Dip should be bubbly around the edges.
- Serve hot!
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Love this homemade healthy buffalo chicken dip? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!