This moist and flavorful gingerbread loaf is packed with warm and cozy spices! It is perfect for enjoying on a cold winter day or giving as a gift to friends and family. This quick bread takes only 10 minutes to prep and will make your home smell amazing as it bakes. This holiday favorite is perfect for Christmastime and all year long!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This gingerbread loaf recipe is very easy to follow, even for beginner bakers.
- The texture is soft and moist.
- The batter comes together quickly and easily.
- This Starbucks inspired loaf is packed with warm spices. You will also love this cozy Cinnamon Crunch Banana Bread.
- This loaf is very moist and tender, thanks to the molasses and coconut sugar.
- Great for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or dessert!
- Both kids and adults love this recipe. Pack it in school lunches or serve as an after-school treat.
- This loaf can be enjoyed plain, or with frosting, whipped cream, or fruit. Try these Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls too!
- This recipe is gluten free, nut free, refined sugar free, and can be easily made dairy free.
- Check out these Vegan Gingerbread Cookies for another holiday classic dessert!
Ingredients & Substitutes
These are the ingredients and substitutes for this gingerbread loaf. Scroll down to the recipe card below for the full recipe.
First, use gluten free flour. I love Bob’s Red Mill or King Arthur Flour. If you are not gluten free, feel free to use all purpose flour.
Ground ginger, cinnamon, and ground cloves add the gingerbread flavor. These spices are warm and cozy!
Baking soda helps this bread rise.
Molasses also adds a warmth of flavor. I do not recommend substituting the molasses.
Warm water helps smooth out the batter.
The melted butter adds just a subtle flavor. The molasses and spices are the overwhelming flavor.
Sweeten this bread naturally with coconut sugar. Feel free to use brown sugar if desired.
Vanilla extract adds a homemade flavor.
Lastly, use one egg. This binds the batter together. I have not tested this recipe using vegan eggs, flax eggs, or chia eggs. Check out this Vegan Banana Bread!
Taste & Texture
This gingerbread loaf is moist, tender, and flavorful.
It is spiced with ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. The molasses and coconut sugar give the loaf a deep, rich flavor.
Overall, this ginger molasses bread is warm, cozy, and delicious!
How to Make
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a standard bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the gluten free flour, ginger, cinnamon, ground cloves, and baking soda. Stir together.
Then, add in the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
Pour the gingerbread batter into the lined pan. Smooth into an even layer.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Lastly, remove the pan from the oven. Allow the bread to fully cool before removing from the pan.
Expert Tips for Success
Here are a few tips and tricks for making the perfect gingerbread loaf.
Use dark molasses for the most rich flavor.
Do not overmix the batter. It should be smooth and creamy.
Bake the loaf until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Let the loaf cool completely before slicing it or frosting it.
Flavor Variations & Add-Ins
There are many ways to flavor your gingerbread loaf. You can add:
White chocolate chips
How to Serve & Store
This gingerbread loaf can be served plain, or with frosting, whipped cream, or fruit.
This loaf is great as part of a larger holiday spread or by itself. I especially love it with a mug of hot chocolate!
Store this gingerbread loaf at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you do not have molasses, you can use honey or maple syrup, but the flavor will be much different. Molasses really contributes to the gingerbread flavor.
Yes, this bread is freezer-friendly. Wrap each individual piece and freeze for up to 2 months.
Gingerbread is a flavor. It can be used in cakes, cookies, and quick breads.
Gingerbread and ginger cake share ginger as their main flavoring, but gingerbread is often firmer and cut into shapes, while ginger cake is a soft, moist cake similar to other spiced cakes.
Yes! This gingerbread loaf is great with frosting. Add on a vanilla glaze, cream cheese frosting, or even chocolate ganache!
Pyrex 3 Glass Mixing Bowls: These are my favorite mixing bowls for baking this quick bread.
Pre-Cut Parchment Paper Sheets: These parchment paper sheets make clean up very easy.
Pyrex Glass Measuring Cups: I love these glass measuring cups.
Bread Pan: I use this bread pan every time I bake this ginger molasses bread!
Check out all of my kitchen favorites!
You May Also Enjoy
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Healthy Zucchini Bread
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
- Healthy Banana Bread
- Gluten Free Banana Bread
If you make this Starbucks gingerbread loaf recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! Check out these Breakfast Recipes for more great ideas.
Get the Recipe: Gingerbread Loaf
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a standard bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the gluten free flour, ginger, cinnamon, ground cloves, and baking soda. Stir together.
- Then, add in the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Pour the gingerbread batter into the lined pan. Smooth into an even layer.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Finally, remove the pan from the oven. Allow the bread to fully cool before removing from the pan.
- Since I am gluten free, I always use gluten free flour.
- This recipe can be made using all purpose flour if you are not gluten free.
- Do not bake too long. Check the bread after about 35 minutes.
- This gingerbread loaf is done baking when a toothpick inserted comes out clean. The middle will have puffed up into a beautiful dome shape.
- Allow the bread to fully cool before slicing and serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
- If needed, store leftovers in the freezer for up to 2 months. Individually wrap each piece and thaw as needed.
Love this easy recipe for gingerbread loaf bread? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!