Air Fryer Bacon
This air fryer bacon is quick, easy and perfectly crispy. This method requires no flipping and no splattering! It takes less than 10 minutes to achieve perfectly golden crispy bacon. Perfect to serve with pancakes, waffles, eggs and more!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This air fryer bacon takes less than 10 minutes to make.
- No flipping needed.
- The bacon grease does not splatter. It is mess free.
- This method is hands off and simple.
- Any type of bacon or even turkey bacon can be used.
- The bacon grease drips down through the basket. Therefore, the bacon does not cook in its own grease.
- This quick and easy recipe is great for many diets.
- Use sugar free bacon for Whole30, Paleo, Keto, low carb and sugar free.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free and dairy free.
- Check out this Instant Pot Bacon for another great idea.
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use any type of bacon! In these photos, I used sugar free bacon.
For thick cut bacon, add 1 to 2 minutes of air fryer time.
For turkey bacon, air fry only 3 to 4 minutes.
If using bacon cured with any sugar or maple syrup, it may start to burn faster. Keep an eye on it around 5 minutes.
Taste & Texture
This air fryer bacon tastes like classic bacon! It is hearty, savory and slightly salty.
The texture is crispy!
How to Make
First, arrange bacon strips in the air fryer basket.
Air fry on 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 7 to 8 minutes. No need to flip the bacon.
Finally, remove bacon from the air fryer. Serve!
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use your favorite brand of bacon.
If your air fryer is the toaster oven type, I do not recommend this recipe.
This recipe is best for air fryers with baskets.
Since all air fryers are different, keep a close eye on the bacon. Your brand may need slightly more or less time.
If needed, cut bacon in half so it fits inside the basket.
Depending on the size of the basket, you may be able to cook up to 8 strips at once.
Time & Temperature
Air fry bacon at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
For slightly underdone bacon, air fry only 3 to 4 minutes. It will not be crispy at all.
For medium cooked bacon, air fry 5 to 6 minutes. It will be somewhat crispy.
Like the photos, air fry the bacon for 7 to 8 minutes for crispy bacon.
Typically, longer than 8 minutes will yield very crispy, almost burnt bacon.
How to Serve & Store
Serve air fryer bacon hot and fresh!
Great for breakfast, snacks, meal prep and leftovers.
Store bacon in the fridge until needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cook bacon for 7 to 8 minutes in the air fryer. This yields perfectly crispy, cooked through bacon.
Yes, turkey bacon is a great option.
I have the Ultenic air fryer. Highly recommend!
I do not recommend a toaster oven style air fryer. Air fryers with baskets are best for this recipe.
You May Also Like
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Hard Boiled Eggs in Microwave
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- Banana Fosters Pancakes
- Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
If you make this recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Breakfast Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Air Fryer Bacon
- 4 strips uncooked bacon
- First, arrange bacon strips in air fryer basket.
- Air fry on 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 7 to 8 minutes. There is no need to flip the bacon.
- Finally, remove bacon from air fryer. Serve!
- All air fryers are different. Mine does not require any preheating.
- If needed, cut bacon strips in half so they fit in air fryer basket.
- Some air fryers are more similar to toaster ovens and do not have baskets. I do not recommend using this recipe for these types of air fryers.
- Air fry bacon until bacon reaches desired level of crispiness.
Love this air fryer bacon recipe? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!