Air Fryer Home Fries
These air fryer home fries are crispy, hearty and so flavorful! This quick recipe takes only 25 minutes from start to finish. These potatoes are great for breakfast, as an appetizer or side dish. They are soft and tender inside and golden crispy outside!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These air fryer home fries are so easy.
- This recipe takes less than 30 minutes total.
- Only pantry staple ingredients needed.
- No need to soak the potatoes beforehand.
- They taste like diner style home fries.
- These home fries are versatile! Serve with breakfast, as a side dish or appetizer.
- They are a healthier alternative to deep fried fries.
- This recipe is Whole30 compliant, Paleo, gluten free, dairy free, nut free, Vegan, and sugar free.
- Check out these Air Fryer Diced Potatoes or this Air Fryer Baked Potato for another similar recipe.
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for air fryer home fries. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use Russet or Yukon gold potatoes for best results. These two varieties get crispy on the outside. In addition, they remain soft and tender on the inside.
Both garlic powder and onion powder add great flavor. Feel free to use even more if desired.
Paprika adds a spicy flavor. Use as much or as little as desired. A little bit goes a long way.
Sea salt and black pepper add a classic flavor.
A little avocado oil spray helps the seasonings stick to the potatoes. Feel free to use olive oil instead.
Taste & Texture
These air fryer home fries are hearty, savory and flavorful. They taste like seasoned potatoes. No surprises in flavor.
They are soft and tender inside, but crispy on the outside.
Soaking the Potatoes
Typically, soaking potatoes before cooking helps them become crispier. Soaking potatoes helps remove starch from the potatoes. Thus, they become more crispy.
In this recipe, there is no need.
The home fries are small enough to get cooked all the way through.
In addition, the air fryer is so powerful that it helps get these potatoes crispy.
If desired, feel free to soak the potatoes in a bowl of water for 30 minutes prior to air frying.
How to Make
First, wash and dry potatoes. Cut them into ½ inch pieces. Place in a large bowl.
Lightly spray potatoes with nonstick spray. Add all the seasonings to the bowl.
Toss potatoes until fully coated in seasonings.
Arrange potatoes in one even layer on air fryer basket.
Air fry at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 17 minutes.
Finally, remove from air fryer and serve!
Expert Tips & Tricks
For best results, use Russet or Yukon gold potatoes. They are the two best potatoes for home fries.
Cut potatoes into equally sized pieces. They should be about ½ inch in size. For full fries, check out these Vegan French Fries.
Toss potatoes until fully covered in seasonings.
Do not go lightly on the seasonings. Feel free to add even more if desired.
Since all air fryers are different, check the home fries after 12 minutes. Then, add more time as needed.
Reheating Home Fries
To reheat the home fries, set air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Arrange home fries on air fryer basket.
Air fry for 5 to 6 minutes or until warm.
Alternatively, feel free to bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
Microwaving the potatoes will make them much less crispy. I do not recommend this method.
How to Serve & Store
Serve air fryer home fries hot and fresh! They are delicious straight from the air fryer.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or condiment. They are great with ketchup, mustard, Ranch dressing, BBQ sauce and more.
These potatoes are great with eggs and bacon for breakfast. In addition, these potatoes are delicious with dinner.
Serve with this Air Fryer Filet Mignon for a delicious dinner.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
These home fries do not have to be soaked prior to air frying. If you have the time, feel free to soak for up to 30 minutes. Then, dry completely before tossing with seasonings and nonstick spray.
Use Russet or Yukon gold potatoes for best results.
These potatoes need either nonstick spray or oil. This helps the potatoes become crispy and helps keep the seasonings on.
You May Also Like
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- Mexican Potatoes
- Dairy Free Mashed Potatoes
- Sous Vide Potatoes
- Japanese Sweet Potato Fries
If you make this air fryer home fries recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Side Dish Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Air Fryer Home Fries
- First, wash and dry potatoes. Cut into ½ inch pieces. Place in bowl.
- Lightly spray potatoes with nonstick spray. Add all seasonings to the bowl.
- Toss potatoes until fully coated in seasonings.
- Arrange potatoes in one even layer on air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Finally, remove from air fryer and serve!
- Use Yukon gold or Russet potatoes for best results.
- Slice potatoes into equal sizes.
- Potatoes should be around ½ inch in size.
- Feel free to replace nonstick spray with a drizzle of olive oil if desired.
- Since all air fryers are different, check potatoes after 12 minutes. Mine needed 15 minutes total.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Love these homemade air fryer home fries? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!