These Vegan blondies are gooey, fudge like and so delicious! This recipe takes under 30 minutes from start to finish. They are made without chickpeas. This quick and easy dessert is great for holidays, birthdays, Christmas and more!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These Vegan blondies are quick and easy.
- This recipe takes less than 30 minutes.
- They are made without eggs and without chickpeas.
- No flax eggs or chia eggs.
- They are gooey and fudge like.
- This recipe is Vegan, dairy free, and easily made gluten free.
- Both gluten free 1 to 1 flour and all purpose flour work well.
- Check out these Gluten Free Blondies for another great sweet treat!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Melted Vegan butter adds the classic buttery flavor. For this recipe, butter works much better than coconut oil. My favorite brand is Earth Balance.
Tightly pack brown sugar. For refined sugar free, feel free to use coconut sugar.
Vanilla extract adds a great warmth.
Unsweetened applesauce acts like eggs in Vegan baking. I highly recommend using applesauce instead of flax eggs or chia eggs.
Both regular all purpose flour and gluten free 1 to 1 flour are great options. The photos in this post showcase gluten free flour. For an almond flour version, make these Paleo Bars.
A little baking powder helps these bars rise slightly.
Add in a pinch of sea salt if using unsalted butter. Feel free to omit if desired.
Use any type of Vegan chocolate chips. Mini, regular, white chocolate chips or chocolate chunks can be used. Enjoy Life is a great brand for allergy friendly baking.
These Vegan blondies are made with entirely Vegan ingredients.
Instead of regular butter, these blondies use Vegan butter. Earth Balance is a great brand for baking.
Applesauce replaces eggs. Use unsweetened applesauce. Many Vegan baking recipes call for flax eggs or chia eggs. I find applesauce works best.
Lastly, use Vegan chocolate chips. There are many brands on the market today. My favorite is Enjoy Life.
Taste & Texture
These Vegan blondies are chocolaty, buttery and sweet.
Their texture is soft, gooey and light. Avoid over baking, which yields dry blondies.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 inch by 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, add melted butter and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
Add in vanilla extract and applesauce.
Then, add in flour, baking powder and sea salt. Stir to combine.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Transfer this dough into the parchment lined pan. Press down into an even layer.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the middle is set.
Finally, remove from oven. Allow the blondies to cool in pan for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Expert Tips & Tricks
For best results, carefully measure all ingredients.
Both gluten free 1 to 1 flour and all purpose flour work well.
Use an 8 inch square pan instead of 9 inch square pan.
Press batter down into the parchment lined pan.
Do not over bake Vegan blondies. They are meant to be gooey.
How to Serve & Store
Serve Vegan blondies once cool enough to slice into.
Serve with a cup of coffee or mug of oat milk hot chocolate.
They are great served with a scoop of Vegan ice cream!
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Freeze for up to 1 month.
Frequently Asked Questions
A brownie contains cocoa powder, whereas a blondie does not. Blondies have a more caramel like flavor. Otherwise, they are relatively similar.
Yes, blondies are supposed to be gooey.
Use gluten free 1 to 1 flour for gluten free.
Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips are my favorite.
You May Also Like
- Vegan Cookie Dough
- Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Snickerdoodles
- Paleo Brownies
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
If you make this Vegan blondie recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Vegan Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Vegan Blondies
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add melted butter and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add in vanilla extract and applesauce.
- Then, add in flour, baking powder and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer this dough into the parchment lined pan. Press down into an even layer.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the middle is set. Do not over bake!
- Finally, remove from oven. Allow blondies to cool in pan for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- For Vegan baking, I recommend Earth Balance butter. Any brand should work though.
- Both regular flour and gluten free 1 to 1 flour can be used. Since I am gluten free, I used King Arthur Flour gluten free 1 to 1 flour.
- The applesauce replaces eggs. I much prefer this to flax eggs or chia eggs.
- Do not over bake these blondies! They really only take about 18 minutes.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- They freeze well.
Love these Vegan blondies? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!