Vegan Vanilla Frosting – 3 Ingredients!
This Vegan Vanilla Frosting is the easiest and creamiest frosting! It requires just 3 ingredients and less than 5 minutes. This frosting is a great topping for all of your favorite cakes, cupcakes and cookies!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Homemade frosting is better than store bought frosting. This isn’t even a question. Here is why:
- This Vegan Vanilla frosting requires only 3 ingredients.
- It is extra smooth, creamy, and great for any number of desserts.
- This frosting can be mixed and matched a million different ways.
- Add your favorite nuts, chocolate chips, extracts, etc. to switch it up.
- This frosting isn’t loaded with sugars and preservatives like store bought frosting is.
- This Vegan frosting is made without Vegan butter.
First, scoop out hardened part of canned coconut milk and add to stand mixer. Discard or reuse the liquid part on the bottom of the can.
Next, add maple syrup and vanilla extract to stand mixer. Mix on medium high speed for 1 to 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
Pipe or spread frosting onto desired dessert.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is canned coconut milk?
Canned coconut milk is made from the flesh of coconut. In addition, it is not diluted and is very thick and creamy.
Can you drink canned coconut milk?
Yes! Coconut milk is completely safe to consume. In fact, I suggest using the liquid leftover from the can in smoothies and sauces.
What is the difference between coconut milk and canned coconut milk?
Coconut milk in a carton is diluted and much thinner than canned coconut milk.
Can I substitute for the maple syrup?
Yes! Any thick liquid sweetener works here. For a non Vegan option, honey works well.
How do I make this Vegan vanilla frosting more sweet?
Add slightly more liquid sweetener. This frosting isn’t overly sweet. I suggest making it, tasting it, and then adding more sweetener to suit your taste.
Does this frosting taste like coconut?
Surprisingly no. This frosting tastes just like classic vanilla frosting.
This Vegan Vanilla frosting pairs perfectly with Gluten Free Banana Cake!
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Vegan Vanilla Frosting – 3 Ingredients!
- First, use a can of coconut milk that is completely chilled.
- Open can of coconut milk. Using a spoon, scoop out the hardened part on top. Discard or reuse liquid on bottom of can.
- Next, add hardened milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract to a stand mixer. Whip on medium/high for 1 to 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Finally, add to piping bag and frost cake, cupcakes or cookies!
- It is VERY important to use chilled coconut milk.
- Use only the hardened part of the coconut milk. This is the top hardened part of milk in the can. Discard or reuse the remaining liquid that is in the bottom of the can. (See photos above)
- Whip until frosting is light and fluffy.
- This recipe makes enough to frost 8 to 10 cupcakes or cookies, or one small cake.
Have you signed up for my free newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!