Instant Pot Bacon
This Instant Pot bacon is quick, easy and yields the perfect bacon. It comes out deliciously crispy every time! This method cuts back on splattering and easily corrals the bacon grease. Use the leftover bacon grease to instantly add flavor to another recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This Instant Pot bacon is quick and easy.
- Unlike the stovetop, the Instant Pot prevents any splattering. It is mess free.
- Since the bacon grease is all inside the pot, use the grease to start another recipe.
- Any type of bacon or turkey bacon can be used.
- This recipe is great for many diets.
- It is gluten free, dairy free, Paleo, Keto, Whole30 compliant, low sugar, low carb, egg free and nut free.
- Check out this Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus for another delicious bacon dish!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
The only ingredient is bacon! This makes things super easy.
Choose your favorite brand and cut of bacon.
Both regular bacon and turkey bacon work well.
Taste & Texture
This Instant Pot bacon tastes like the classic bacon you love!
The texture is crispy. Feel free to add or subtract sauté time to suit your crispiness preference.
How to Make
First, slice bacon in half.
Press sauté on Instant Pot.
Place bacon into Instant Pot. Sauté for 5 to 7 minutes. Flip every 2 minutes.
Cook until bacon has reached desired level of crispiness.
Expert Tips & Tricks
The longer the bacon sautés, the more crispy it will become.
For best results, watch bacon closely.
Flip every 2 minutes or so.
Do not sauté on high heat. This is too strong for the bacon.
Use the bacon grease as a starter for another recipe in your pot!
While this Instant Pot bacon is great as is, consider these flavor variations. Rub your bacon with:
Consider drizzling on top:
Melted chocolate (yes!)
How to Serve & Store
Serve Instant Pot bacon hot from the pot! It is best eaten and served fresh.
Serve alongside these Bananas Foster Pancakes for the ultimate breakfast or brunch.
Make a homemade breakfast sandwich with these Over Hard Eggs.
Store bacon in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
It takes about 5 to 7 minutes to fry bacon in the Instant Pot.
Short answer is no. I highly recommend it though to get extra crispy bacon.
You May Also Like
- Oat Flour Pancakes
- Pancake Mix Muffins
- Instant Pot Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Sausage Links
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs and Potatoes
If you make this recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Breakfast Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Instant Pot Bacon
- 2 slices bacon, cut in half
- First, slice bacon in half.
- Press sauté on Instant Pot.
- Place bacon into Instant Pot. Sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, flipping every 2 minutes.
- Continue cooking until bacon has reached desired level of crispiness.
- Do not overcrowd Instant Pot. The bacon needs to be in one layer to get crispy.
- Slice bacon in half. Full sized pieces will likely not fit.
- Use medium level sauté mode.
- Use the leftover bacon grease to add flavor to your next Instant Pot recipe!
- Store bacon in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Have you signed up for my newsletter? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!