Chicken Bacon Ranch Spaghetti Squash (Paleo)
This Paleo chicken bacon ranch spaghetti squash is the perfect healthy comfort food! This dish is creamy, cozy, hearty and so flavorful. It is a great Whole30 compliant lunch, dinner, meal prep or leftovers.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The chicken bacon Ranch combination is the best!
- This is a gluten free and low carb version of a classic pasta dish.
- The creamy Ranch dressing and crispy bacon add the best textures and flavors.
- This chicken bacon ranch spaghetti squash can be eaten as spaghetti squash boats.
- Spaghetti squash is a significantly healthier alternative to spaghetti and pasta.
- Although this recipe is made with wholesome ingredients, it does not taste healthy!
- This recipe is Whole30 approved, Paleo, Grain Free, Gluten Free, easily made Dairy Free, and Sugar Free.
- Use Instant Pot Whole Chicken leftovers to make it super easy.
How To Cook Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti squash can be cooked a few different ways. Here are the ways to cook a spaghetti squash.
Oven: preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice spaghetti squash and remove seeds. Cook face down for 30 to 35 minutes or until insides are easily shredded.
Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker: slice spaghetti squash and remove seeds. Add 1 cup of water to Instant Pot. Place both halves of the squash on trivet. Secure lid and move valve to Seal. Pressure cook on high for 8 minutes. Quickly release pressure and remove squash from pot.
Microwave: pierce squash with fork about 10 times. Place on plate in microwave. Microwave for 4 minutes. Use an oven mitt to remove from microwave. Carefully slice lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Rub insides with olive oil. Add both halves of squash face down to a microwave safe baking dish. Microwave another 6 to 8 minutes or until insides are easily shredded.
Air Fryer: see my Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash for this method! This is a great “al dente” and crispy option.
How To Make
First, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Slice spaghetti squash lengthwise. Discard seeds.
Rub olive oil, sea salt and pepper all over insides of squash. Place face down on lined baking sheet.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until insides are easily shredded with two forks.
Meanwhile, cook bacon in a skillet on low medium heat until crispy.
Pat bacon dry with paper towels. Then, crumble into bite sized pieces.
Once squash is done cooking, remove from oven. Then, shred insides with two forks. Add spaghetti strands to a large bowl.
Add cooked chicken, crumbled bacon, and Ranch dressing to the bowl with spaghetti squash. Toss to combine.
Finally, serve chicken bacon ranch spaghetti squash! Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, all squash is Whole30 compliant.
Spaghetti squash is a great substitute for pasta! In fact, it is significantly healthier than pasta. In addition, spaghetti squash is gluten free.
Spaghetti squash can be baked, microwaved, air fried, pressure cooked, and sautéed.
Spaghetti squash is packed with nutrients and low in calories. This squash is high in fiber, manganese, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin C.
Sure! Use a sugar free turkey bacon to keep this Whole30 compliant.
Yes, both buffalo sauce and Caesar dressing are great with these flavors.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How to Serve & Store
Serve chicken bacon ranch spaghetti squash hot and fresh!
For a low carb option, serve with a side salad.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days. Do not assemble bows until ready to eat.
Store spaghetti squash, chicken and bacon separately.
After 4 days, the spaghetti squash will become too watery.
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Chicken Bacon Ranch Spaghetti Squash (Paleo)
- First, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Carefully slice spaghetti squash lengthwise. Discard seeds. If unable to slice easily, microwave for 2 to 3 minutes to soften.
- Drizzle olive oil, sea salt and pepper all over insides of squash. Place face down on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until insides are easily shredded with two forks into spaghetti strands.
- While the squash is baking, cook bacon in a skillet over low medium heat.
- Once bacon is crispy, remove from heat. Pat dry with paper towels. Crumble into bite sized pieces.
- Once squash is done baking, remove from oven. Shred insides using two forks. Add spaghetti strands to a big bowl and discard squash skin.
- Add cooked and cubed chicken, bacon, and Ranch dressing to bowl. Toss with spaghetti squash.
- Finally, serve! Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
- If spaghetti squash is too firm to slice in half, microwave it for 2 to 3 minutes to soften it.
- Use sugar free bacon for Whole30. I recommend Naked Bacon.
- Any cooked chicken will work. Cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Use a Whole30 compliant Ranch dressing for Whole30.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- I do not recommend freezing leftovers since spaghetti squash does not freeze and thaw well.
Love this Paleo chicken bacon ranch spaghetti squash? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!