Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
These air fryer hard boiled eggs are super easy to make! No boiling water needed. This method takes only 17 minutes and yields perfectly hard boiled eggs. Allow your air fryer to do all the work for you!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These air fryer hard boiled eggs are so quick and easy.
- This method is way easier than boiling the eggs.
- No boiling water required.
- Cook up to 10 eggs at one time.
- This is great for meal prep and leftovers. Use the eggs in Breakfast Burritos!
- They are easy to peel.
- There are so many ways to eat hard boiled eggs.
- This recipe is Whole30 compliant, Paleo, Keto, low carb, sugar free, gluten free, dairy free, nut free and sugar free.
- Check out these Hard Boiled Eggs in Microwave for another easy recipe.
Health Benefits of Eggs
Eggs are loaded with vitamins and nutrients. Here are the health benefits of eggs.
Eggs are very high in Vitamin D and Vitamin B2.
Each egg contains about 6 grams of protein.
Eggs contain all 9 essential amino acids. For this reason, they are great for muscle growth and recovery. Eggs are a common food for athletes.
Despite many claims, eggs provide good cholesterol. They increase high density lipoprotein, or commonly known as HDL.
In addition, eggs are a great source of omega 3s. Omega 3 fatty acids are necessary for brain health and cell membranes.
Eggs contain Vitamin A, Vitamin E and selenium, which are all great for eyesight.
In conclusion, eggs are chock full of nutrients and vitamins. They are nutritional powerhouses!
Taste & Texture
These air fryer hard boiled eggs taste like classic hard boiled eggs. There is no difference in taste.
The yolks are fully cooked through. These hard boiled eggs are creamy!
How to Make
First, place eggs in the air fryer.
Air fry at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 17 minutes.
Carefully remove eggs from air fryer and place in ice bath.
Finally, remove the eggs from the ice bath. Peel and serve air fryer hard boiled eggs.
Expert Tips & Tricks
All air fryers are different. Mine made perfectly boiled eggs at 17 minutes on 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
Since all air fryers vary, your eggs may need slightly more or less time.
Once the eggs are cooked, immediately place in ice bath.
To make them easy to peel, follow these steps.
- Allow eggs to sit in ice bath for a couple minutes to cool down.
- Then, remove all but 1 tablespoon of water from bowl.
- Shake bowl back and forth, gently breaking the egg shells.
- Then, remove eggs from bowl.
- Easily peel!
Air Fryer Advantages
There are several ways to make hard boiled eggs. Air fryer hard boiled eggs are hands down the easiest.
With the air fryer, there is no need to boil water. Forget waiting for the water to boil.
In addition, if there are young children around, there is no need to worry about boiling water.
Most air fryers do not require any preheating time. Place the eggs inside and hit start!
This method produces no dirty dishes.
Make up to 10 eggs at one time.
Unlike boiling hot water, this method will not heat up your kitchen. No need to turn on the oven, as seen with this Air Fryer Baked Potato.
How to Serve & Store
Serve air fryer hard boiled eggs after peeling. Feel free to eat them immediately or store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
For a low carb and Whole30 option, serve with air fryer bacon, sausage or avocado.
Serve for brunch with a slice of this Quiche Florentine.
These eggs are great on top of salads.
Store in the fridge for up to 4 days. I do not recommend freezing them.
Ways to Use Hard Boiled Eggs
There are so many delicious ways to eat hard boiled eggs. They are great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. These eggs are perfect for meal prep and leftovers.
Drizzle with hot sauce or sriracha sauce.
Add to a breakfast sandwich. Or, make avocado egg toast.
Add to a salad.
Make potato egg salad.
Frequently Asked Questions
It takes about 17 minutes at 250 degrees Fahrenheit to make air fryer hard boiled eggs.
I have the Ultenic air fryer and it works well!
Sometimes the eggs will have little speckles on them after air frying. I do not know why this happens, but it does not change the taste or flavor.
Yes, the ice bath makes the eggs so easy to peel.
Sure! Any air fryer works.
You May Also Like
- Over Hard Eggs
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- Instant Pot Bacon
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Air Fryer Toast
If you make this air fryer hard boiled eggs recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Breakfast Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- 4 eggs
- First, place eggs in air fryer.
- Air fry at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 17 minutes.
- Carefully remove eggs from air fryer and place in ice bath.
- Finally, remove eggs from ice bath. Peel and serve.
- Feel free to add up to 10 eggs (or however many your air fryer can comfortably hold).
- I use the Ultenic air fryer, but all air fryers are different. Yours may take slightly more or less time.
- I do not preheat my air fryer for this recipe.
- A time of 17 minutes yielded hard boiled eggs. For soft boiled eggs, use less time.
Love these air fryer hard boiled eggs? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!