Whole30 Taco Stuffed Peppers (Paleo)
These Whole30 Taco Stuffed Peppers feature tender roasted peppers and a spicy flavorful filling! They are made with simple ingredients and bold flavors. These Paleo stuffed peppers are great for a quick and easy dinner, meal prep, and leftovers.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These Whole30 taco stuffed peppers are simple, healthy and delicious!
- They are a healthy Taco Tuesday or Cinco de Mayo option.
- They are made without rice, without cheese, and without tomato sauce.
- No need to boil the peppers beforehand.
- The taco meat mixture is a little spicy, savory and tasty.
- This recipe is Whole30 compliant, Paleo, Keto, gluten free, dairy free, low carb, and sugar free.
- Check out these Paleo Stuffed Peppers made with ground chicken and pineapple for another great idea!
What are Stuffed Peppers?
Stuffed peppers feature halves peppers filled with various filling, which usually include meat, grains, and cheese. Rice or quinoa are popular grains used.
Stuffed peppers are stuffed with the filling and then cooked.
These easy Whole30 stuffed peppers are made with a Paleo taco filling. Other varieties include buffalo chicken, southwestern flavored, beef and rice, and more.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Use white onion for best results. Chop finely.
Any cooking fat works in this recipe. Use olive oil, ghee, butter, or avocado oil.
Ground turkey can replace ground beef if desired.
Use any variety of salsa. For Whole30, check ingredients label to ensure the ingredients are compliant.
The cumin, paprika and chili powder act as the homemade Whole30 taco seasoning. Adjust amounts to suit your taste.
Any color bell pepper works.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cook onions and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened.
Add ground beef to skillet. Cook until brown and crumbly. Drain off excess grease from pan.
Add all remaining ingredients except bell peppers to skillet. Stir to combine.
Cook for 3 minutes. Then, remove from heat.
Cut each bell pepper in half. Discard any seeds inside peppers.
Add stuffing to each pepper. Place in casserole dish.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Finally, remove from oven and serve! Garnish with more salsa or Whole30 sour cream if desired.
I love these Paleo stuffed peppers with taco meat, but there are so many filling options!
Buffalo chicken stuffed peppers are great! See these Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes for inspiration.
An Italian version would taste great! Consider stuffing your peppers with a bolognese type filling.
Lastly, vegetarian or Vegan stuffed peppers are delicious too. Stuff with all sorts of veggies!
Expert Tips & Tricks
Chop onion finely. Cook until softened.
After ground beef has cooked, drain all excess grease from pan.
Choose bell peppers that are similar in size. This ensures even cooking.
Cook less than 25 minutes from crisper peppers. Cook slightly longer for extra tender peppers.
How to Serve & Store
Serve hot from the oven! Top with additional salsa and Whole30 “sour cream” if desired. Kite Hill plain unsweetened almond milk yogurt is Whole30 compliant and can act like sour cream. Jalapeños and avocado are great garnishes too.
Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, add peppers to a casserole dish and bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 to 8 minutes or until warmed. Alternatively, microwave to reheat.
Store peppers in freezer for up to 1 month.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, peppers are Whole30 compliant.
Yes, precook the meat for stuffed peppers. Then drain excess grease from meat before stuffing peppers.
These Paleo stuffed peppers are made with healthy ingredients. They are Whole30 approved, Paleo, and Keto.
Yes, these stuffed peppers freeze and reheat well.
There is no need to precook peppers before stuffing.
I use Kite Hill unsweetened plain almond milk yogurt which is Whole30 compliant.
You May Also Like
If you make this recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, see this Whole30 Recipes page.
Get the Recipe: Whole30 Taco Stuffed Peppers (Paleo)
- First, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet, add onions and olive oil over medium heat. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add ground beef to skillet. Cook until brown and crumbly, breaking up with a spatula. Discard excess grease.
- Add all remaining ingredients except bell peppers to skillet. Stir to combine. Cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cut each bell pepper in half. Discard any seeds inside. Stuff each pepper with meat mixture. Then place stuffed peppers in a casserole dish.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until peppers look softened.
- Finally, carefully remove from oven and serve. Top with additional salsa if desired.
- Dice onion finely.
- Ground beef or ground turkey work well.
- After ground beef is brown and crumbly, drain off excess grease from pan.
- Feel free to adjust seasonings and spices to suit your taste.
- Choose bell peppers that are relatively similar in size for even cooking.
- Bake shorter than 25 minutes for crisper peppers. Cook longer than 25 minutes for softer peppers.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freeze individual stuffed peppers for up to 1 month. Thaw and then bake to reheat.
Do you love these Whole30 Taco Stuffed Peppers? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!