Whole30 Chili Fries
I’m all about making comfort foods in a healthy and delicious way! These Whole30 Chili Fries are savory, hearty and so flavorful. The sweet potatoes are crispy on the outside with warm soft centers. All the topping are sure to delight anyone! My other favorite game day appetizer is my Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Dip. You can’t go wrong with either!
HOW TO MAKE CHILI FRIES
To begin, roast sweet potatoes at 400 degrees for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through. Meanwhile, add ground beef to a large skillet over medium heat. Use your spatula or a meat mixer to break up the meat. Cook until brown and crumbly. Discard any excess grease from the skillet. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Bring this to a boil and boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. After 10 minutes, lower heat to a low simmer. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until chili is thick. Top sweet potatoes with chili and garnish with onions, parsley and BBQ sauce, optional.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR CHILI FRIES
The biggest tip for making these chili fries is to roast the sweet potatoes until they’re soft and tender. Crunchy sweet potatoes just don’t taste as good! To ensure that this is Whole30 compliant, be sure to check the labels of all the ingredients. There are some tomato pastes that have unnecessary added sugars. Lastly, if you have time, allow the chili to simmer even longer than the 10 to 15 minutes. The longer it simmers, the more flavorful and thick it will become. Thick chili will lead to a better result here.
If you’re looking for other comfort foods, you can check out my other chili recipes HERE. These chili fries are a fun and delicious appetizer, dinner or shareable dish! They are always a huge hit on game days and holidays in my house.
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Whole30 Chili Fries
Sweet Potato Fries
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp ghee or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 6 ounce tomato paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- red onion
- chopped parsley
- green onions
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce, optional
- First, make the sweet potato fries. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch thick fries. Lay fries down on parchment paper and drizzle over melted ghee or olive oil. Toss fries to coat them completely. Sprinkle ground pepper on top.
- Then, bake fries for 40 minutes, flipping after 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, add ground beef. Use a spatula to break up the meat. Cook until brown and crumbly.
- Then, discard excess grease from pan.
- In the same skillet, add remaining Chili ingredients and stir to combine. Next, bring mixture to a boil and boil for 10 minutes. Lower heat to a low simmer and cook until thickened, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- To assemble: place sweet potato fries on a large serving platter. Top with chili. Garnish with red onion, chopped parsley, green onions and BBQ sauce, optional.
2 Comments on “Whole30 Chili Fries”
Does this recipe require marinara? In the blog post you write about checking the ingredients for marinara, but in the list of ingredients it does not say to use marinara. Should I include it?
Hi Madison! I just updated the blog post. I meant tomato paste, which is now in the recipe. Hope you enjoy!