Paleo Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Paleo Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies are a fun twist on classic chocolate chip cookies! These Paleo Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies are a unique version of a classic. They’re a little tangy, just sweet enough, and so delicious. The edges are crispy, the middles are soft, and the dark chocolate is abundant.
Ghee and coconut oil are the baking fats used in this orange chocolate chip cookies. They are both Paleo and add to the flavor and texture.
Coconut sugar is a granulated sweetener made from coconuts. It provides the sweetness in these cookies.
Almond flour is a common Paleo baking flour.
Coconut flour is extremely absorbent. In addition, a little bit goes a long way.
Two teaspoons of orange juice and one teaspoon of orange juice add the perfect amount of orange flavor.
Other Ingredients: eggs, baking soda, vanilla extract, dark chocolate chips, sea salt
How to Make
To start, add ghee, coconut oil, and coconut sugar to your mixing bowl or KitchenAid. Beat for 1 to 2 minutes or until creamy.
Once combined, sift in flours. Then, add all remaining ingredients except chocolate chunks and sea salt.
Once mixed, fold in chocolate chunks.
Add dough to an airtight container and refrigerate an hour up to 24 hours (the longer, the better).
When it’s time to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Use a cookie scoop to dough into balls that are 1.5 inches in diameter. Place balls of dough at least 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheet. Very slightly flatten the dough with your fingers. Then, sprinkle sea salt on top if desired.
Next, bake for 9 to 11 minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies cool for 4 minutes on pan before removing to a wire rack to cool.
Expert Tips & Tricks
The longer the cookie dough refrigerates, the better the cookies will turn out! This is because Paleo and gluten free baking flours take longer to work their magic. Once the dough has chilled, it’s easier to work with. Scoop the dough out with a cookie or ice cream scoop. Roll each ball of dough into a ball and slightly flatten. Having the cookies be the same size before baking will lead to perfectly baked cookies. These cookies are delicious and so fun!
You May Also Like:
If you make these Paleo orange chocolate chip cookies recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along!
Get the Recipe: Paleo Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/4 cup ghee or grass fed butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/3 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- sea salt
- First, add ghee, coconut oil, and coconut sugar to a mixing bowl or KitchenAid. Beat for 1 to 2 minutes or until creamy.
- Next, sift in almond flour and coconut flour. Add remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and sea salt.
- Once mixed, fold in chocolate chips.
- Then, refrigerate dough for an hour up to 24 hours.
- When it's time to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough into 1.5 inch sized balls. Place dough balls at least 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Lightly press down on each ball of dough with fingers.
- Then, sprinkle sea salt on top if desired. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until middle of cookies are set.
- Remove from oven and cool for 4 minutes on the pan before removing to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days or in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Do not skip refrigerating the cookie dough.
- Dough can be chilled for up to 24 hours.
- The longer the dough chills, the less the cookies will spread.
- Bake until the cookies look just set in the middle.
- Store cookies covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Love these Paleo orange chocolate chip cookies? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!
One Comment on “Paleo Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies”
I love the orange chocolate combo! Yum!