Whole30 Chicken Jambalaya (Paleo)
This Whole30 Chicken Jambalaya is incredibly easy, hearty and flavorful! In addition, this one skillet meal is filled with traditional Cajun flavors. Unlike the classic recipe, this Paleo jambalaya version is made with riced cauliflower. It is Whole30 approved but tastes just as comforting and cozy as the traditional dish. Additionally, leftovers reheat well! This is such a great Whole30 lunch or dinner option!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This Whole30 Jambalaya is packed with bold flavors!
- It is made in one skillet.
- This Paleo jambalaya is great as leftovers and meal prep.
- Using cauliflower rice significantly increases the healthy veggies.
- This recipe is Whole30 compliant, Paleo, gluten free, dairy free, Keto, low carb, and sugar free.
What is Jambalaya?
Jambalaya is a traditional Cajun dish made with rice, veggies, and a combination of shrimp, sausage and chicken. This Whole30 Chicken Jambalaya uses both chicken and sausage.
SAUSAGE OR KIELBASA: Traditional Jambalaya contains sausage. Since sugar free sausage can be tough to find, feel free to substitute kielbasa.
CHICKEN: This Whole30 Chicken Jambalaya recipe uses 2 chicken breasts. Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces before cooking.
ONION & GREEN PEPPER: These veggies add a pop of flavor and color to this easy Jambalaya.
DICED TOMATOES: Use sugar free for Whole30.
CHICKEN BROTH: The chicken broth adds moisture to this dish. Feel free to add more chicken broth if Jambalaya becomes too thick.
COCONUT AMINOS: Coconut aminos is the soy free and gluten free equivalent to soy sauce. Additionally, it adds a hearty flavor.
RICED CAULIFLOWER: Classic Jambalaya uses rice, but this recipe uses riced cauliflower. This Whole30 substitute is significantly lighter than rice. This allows the other bold flavors to shine.
OTHER INGREDIENTS: olive oil, minced garlic, paprika, chili powder, oregano, basil
How to Make
First, add kielbasa, chicken, olive oil and garlic to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked through.
Then, add remaining ingredients to the skillet. Bring to a light boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Add more chicken broth if desired.
Finally, serve warm.
How to Serve & Store
This Whole30 Chicken Jambalaya is a full meal. It contains a hearty protein and plenty of vegetables. Serve with a side salad if desired.
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Leftovers reheat well.
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Whole30 Chicken Jambalaya
- 1 large sausage or kielbasa, about 14 ounces
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 green pepper, chopped finely
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 cups riced cauliflower
- First, add sausage, chicken olive oil and minced garlic to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet and bring to a light boil. Lightly boil for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Then, simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- If mixture becomes too thick, add more chicken broth.
- Finally, remove from heat and serve.
- Feel free to adjust spices and seasonings to your desired liking.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, either microwave or add to a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil. Reheat on low until warmed through.
Love this Whole30 Jambalaya? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans and new recipes!