This tortilla pizza takes only 10 minutes total! It comes out crispy, cheesy and so delicious. This quick and easy recipe is great for a hearty snack, lunch or dinner. This pizza is suitable and adaptable for many diets and lifestyles.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This tortilla pizza is quick and easy to make.
- Only 3 main ingredients.
- It only takes 10 minutes total.
- Use a gluten free tortilla to keep this recipe gluten free.
- If needed, use a low carb or Keto tortilla.
- Add any desired toppings.
- This recipe is versatile and great any time of the day.
- It is just as quick and easy as ordering takeout! It is much more healthy too.
- This recipe can be made gluten free, dairy free, vegan, nut free, and sugar free.
- Check out this Sourdough Pizza Crust or this Gluten Free Pizza Crust for another fun dinner idea.
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for tortilla pizza. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use either flour tortillas or gluten free tortillas. I recommend looking for thicker tortillas. Thicker ones hold up to more toppings. If using gluten free, use a quinoa or almond flour tortilla. Corn tortillas tend to be a little too thin and flimsy.
Any type of pizza sauce works. For low carb, use sugar free pizza sauce. Or, considering using pesto.
Sprinkle any type of cheese. Shredded mozzarella, Parmesan, Mexican cheese, and fresh mozzarella are great options.
Lastly, add your favorite toppings. Peppers, onions, chicken, bacon, sausage, pepperoni, pineapple and ham are all great ideas.
If you have more tortillas, try these Cheese Quesadillas.
Taste & Texture
This tortilla pizza tastes like thin crust pizza. The main flavors are a tortilla wrap, sauce and cheese. It is very straightforward. Add your desired toppings to switch up the flavors.
This personal pizza is thin and crispy. They are not as thick as classic or deep dish pizza.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place tortilla on a baking sheet. Top with pizza sauce, cheese, and any toppings.
Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
For an extra crispy pizza, broil on high for 1 minute.
Finally, remove from oven. Serve!
Expert Tips & Tricks
This recipe is very forgiving and totally customizable.
Feel free to add more sauce or more cheese.
Both gluten free and regular tortillas work.
Use a Keto tortilla to make a low carb tortilla pizza.
Look for tortillas that are on the thicker side.
Corn tortillas are very thin. I recommend looking for almond flour tortillas or quinoa tortillas for gluten free. Trader Joe’s gluten free quinoa tortillas are great!
Do not add too many toppings. This will weigh down the tortilla wrap.
Bake until cheese has melted.
Air Fryer Method
To make an air fryer tortilla pizza, first remove basket from air fryer.
Place tortilla down in the basket. This way, you do not have to transfer the unbaked pizza to the basket.
Then, add sauce and toppings.
Air fry at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 to 6 minutes or until cheese has melted. All air fryers are different, so check pizza around 4 minutes.
Cast Iron Skillet Method
To make this recipe in a cast iron skillet, first preheat skillet over medium heat.
Once skillet is hot, add tortilla to the pan.
Once tortilla starts to bubble up, flip over.
Add desired toppings.
Cook until cheese has melted.
How to Serve & Store
Serve tortilla pizza once fully cooked. This pizza is great served hot and fresh.
Serve with a side salad.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use a thicker tortilla for best results. Both regular and gluten free can be used.
Use your favorite toppings. Do not add too many on top. This will weigh down and overwhelm the tortilla.
These personal pizzas are made out of a tortilla wrap, sauce and cheese.
Yes, you can use wraps as pizza bases. Or, use a gluten free bagel as the base.
To make them extra crispy, broil in the oven for 1 to 2 minutes.
You May Also Like
- Pizza Bowls
- Paleo Pizza Crust Recipe
- Healthy Hamburger Helper
- Cod Fish Recipe
- Gluten Free Chicken Tenders
If you make this tortilla pizza recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Dinner Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Tortilla Pizza
- 1 tortilla, see notes
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- First, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place tortilla on a baking pan. Top with pizza sauce, cheese, and any desired toppings.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- For an extra crispy pizza, broil on high for 1 minute.
- Finally, remove from oven. Slice and serve!
- Both regular and
- If using flour tortillas, look for ones that are thicker.
- If using gluten free tortillas, I recommend almond flour or quinoa tortillas.
- Corn tortillas may been too thin for this recipe.
- Feel free to add your desired toppings. Do not top too heavily though.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Love these homemade personal tortilla pizzas? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!