These Christmas Oreos are festive and fun for the holiday season! This quick and easy recipe takes only 15 minutes from start to finish. They can be decorated and frosted many different ways. Switch up the colors and sprinkles for other holidays, birthdays, celebrations and more!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These Christmas Oreos are quick and easy.
- Only 15 minutes total.
- Only a few ingredients needed.
- Any type of Oreos can be used.
- This recipe can be made gluten free.
- Double stuff Oreos work well too.
- They are versatile and whimsical.
- Add these to a Christmas tin, dessert board, charcuterie board or holiday present.
- Check out these Rolo Pretzels for another fun holiday treat.
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for Christmas Oreos. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Use any type of Oreo cookies. Both regular and gluten free Oreos can be used. In addition, feel free to try a flavored Oreo or double stuff.
Use white chocolate chips or candy melts. Fully melt but do not burn. Melt in the microwave in 30 second increments. Or, melt over a double boiler. Be sure to stir constantly to prevent burning.
Both red and green food coloring make this recipe extra festive. If you do not have food dye, feel free to use regular chocolate or leave as white chocolate. Then decorate as you wish.
Sprinkles with chopped candy canes and sprinkles.
Consider adding some M&Ms, frosting or icing on top.
Or, use another color food dye. They can be mixed and matched for any occasion or holiday.
Taste & Texture
These Oreo Christmas cookies are sweet, chocolaty and delicious. They taste like Oreos with white chocolate coating. No surprises here.
They are crunchy with a smooth coating. The sprinkles and crushed candy canes add a little extra crunch.
How to Make
First, melt white chocolate chips. Microwave in 30 second increments or use a double boiler. Stir constantly to prevent burning.
Once melted, divide the melted white chocolate between two bowls. Add red food coloring to one bowl and green to the other. Stir.
Dip half of the Oreos in the red bowl. Coat fully on both sides. Dip the other half in the green bowl. Fully coat on both sides.
Place coated Oreos on a parchment lined pan.
Sprinkle with chopped candy canes and sprinkles. Place the pan in fridge for 10 minutes.
Finally, remove chilled Christmas Oreos from the fridge. Serve!
Expert Tips & Tricks
Any type of Oreos work well. Keep in mind that flavored Oreos will change the overall flavor.
Completely melt white chocolate until creamy. Do not burn the chocolate.
White chocolate tends to not melt as easily. Therefore, keep a close eye on it and stir constantly.
Add enough food dye to reach desired color. Start with 1 or 2 drops then add more as needed.
Line a baking pan with parchment paper. This allows for easy removal and clean up.
Allow the Oreos to chill until hardened.
How to Serve & Store
Serve Christmas Oreo cookies once hardened.
Add them to a festive tin as a present, on a charcuterie board or as dessert.
They pair well with a glass of milk or ice cream.
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
They can be stored in the fridge as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use any type of Oreos. Both regular Oreos and gluten free Oreos work.
Yes, Oreo usually releases a holiday limited edition.
There are Snickerdoodle flavored winter Oreos.
There are no specific Thanksgiving Oreos, but there are pumpkin flavored ones and gingerbread ones.
Use gluten free Oreos to keep this recipe gluten free. Regular Oreos are not gluten free.
You May Also Like
Get the Recipe: Christmas Oreos
- First, melt white chocolate chips. Either microwave in 30 second increments or use a double boiler.
- Once melted, divide the melted white chocolate between two bowls. Add red food coloring to one bowl and green to the other. Stir.
- Dip half of the Oreos in the red bowl. Coat fully. Dip the other half in the green bowl. Coat fully.
- Place coated Oreos on a parchment lined pan.
- Sprinkle with chopped candy canes and sprinkles. Place pan in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Finally, remove chilled Oreos from fridge. Serve!
- Both regular and gluten free Oreos can be used. In fact, any flavor and double stuff Oreos work well.
- Fully melt white chocolate chips. Do not burn them.
- Place the coated Oreos on a pan lined with parchment paper. This helps with easy removal.
- Allow the Oreos to chill until hardened. This usually only takes 10 minutes in the fridge.
- Store them in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Love these homemade Christmas Oreos? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!