These pizza bowls are quick, easy, and incredibly flavorful! Everything you love about pizza in one bowl. This recipe is totally customizable and takes only 20 minutes to make. They are low carb, low sugar, naturally gluten free and delicious!
This post is sponsored by True Aussie Beef & Lamb. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These pizza bowls take only 20 minutes to make.
- They are quick and easy.
- Use Australian grass fed ground beef or any other ground meat.
- Australian ground beef is hormone free, antibiotic free and sustainably raised. The difference in flavor is amazing!
- These crustless pizzas are low carb and low sugar.
- They are similar to the Marco’s pizza bowls, but homemade.
- Feel free to customize these! Add in your favorite toppings.
- This recipe is gluten free, Keto, low carb, sugar free, and can be made dairy free and Paleo.
- Check out this Paleo Pizza Crust for another delicious recipe.
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for crustless pizza bowls. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Australian grass fed ground beef is incredibly flavorful! It is sustainably raised and has the highest quality. Feel free to substitute ground turkey, ground chicken, ground pork or Italian sausage.
Crispy bacon adds hearty flavor and some crispiness. Feel free to omit if needed.
Any pizza sauce works. For Keto, use sugar free pizza sauce.
Shredded mozzarella cheese adds the cheesy flavor. Pre-shredded or freshly shredded cheese both work. Substitute any type of shredded cheese.
Both onion powder and garlic powder adds a nice overall flavor. Sprinkle these seasonings on top of the bowls before baking.
Top with fresh parsley. Parsley adds freshness, color and flavor. Fresh basil would be delicious as well.
Taste & Texture
These pizza bowls taste like pizza in a bowl! No surprises. The main flavors will be whichever toppings and flavors you add in. They are cheesy, beefy and savory.
The texture is a little creamy and a little chunky. It is similar to a meat pasta sauce or bolognese sauce.
How to Make
First, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place 4 ramekins on a baking pan.
Cook ground beef until brown and crumbly. Then, drain grease.
Scoop about 2 tablespoons pizza sauce into the bottom of each ramekin.
Then, top with a spoonful of ground beef and bacon bits.
Top with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.
Then, repeat these layers.
Sprinkle some onion powder, garlic power and fresh parsley on top.
Bake in oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Finally, remove pan from oven. Serve!
Expert Tips & Tricks
Cook ground beef until brown and crumbly.
Use crispy bacon bits.
Do not skimp on toppings. The more, the merrier!
Bake until cheese has melted completely.
The larger the ramekins, the longer cooking time needed.
Flavor Variations & Add Ins
Consider adding these flavors and toppings to your bowls before baking.
Turkey bacon bits
Mozzarella cheese balls
How to Serve & Store
Serve pizza bowls hot and fresh from the oven! They are great hot.
Serve with gluten free garlic bread, on top of spaghetti squash, or with a side salad.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, these pizza bowls are Keto. Use sugar free pizza sauce and sugar free bacon.
Crustless pizza is pizza baked in a bowl. They contain pizza sauce, cheese and toppings, but no crust.
I used 0.275 quart ramekins. They are about 1 cup. Feel free to use larger ones, but I do not recommend going smaller than this.
Yes! Add as many toppings as needed.
Sure! Dairy free cheese is great. It may not melt quite as well, but the taste is unchanged.
You May Also Like
- Whole30 Chicken Parmesan
- Whole30 Taco Stuffed Peppers
- Coconut Milk Pasta Sauce
- Whole30 Turkey Meatballs
- Whole30 Baked Meatballs
If you make this pizza bowls recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I would love for you to follow along! For more ideas, check out these Dinner Recipes.
Get the Recipe: Pizza Bowls
- 1 pound Australian grass fed ground beef
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- fresh parsley
- First, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place 4 ramekins on a baking pan.
- Cook ground beef until brown and crumbly. Drain off grease.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons pizza sauce into the bottom of each ramekin.
- Then, top with a spoonful of ground beef and bacon bits.
- Top with a sprinkling of mozzarella cheese.
- Then, repeat these layers.
- Sprinkle some onion powder, garlic power and fresh parsley on top.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Finally, remove from oven. Serve!
- I love Australian grass fed ground beef, but regular ground beef, Italian sausage, ground pork, ground chicken and ground turkey can be used.
- These bowls are totally customizable. Feel free to add in pepperoni, onions, peppers, mushrooms and more.
- To make dairy free, use dairy free cheese.
- For Keto, use sugar free pizza sauce and sugar free bacon.
- Bake until cheese has melted.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Love this pizza in a bowl? You can sign up here to receive healthy meal plans, exclusive new recipes and updates!